Another one is saved!

Hello everyone,
I sold my Alltrac last winter and regretted it instantly.
Sold it because it was sitting on my neighbor property for couple years
and i didn't drive it except taking it around the block once in a while.
Anyway, was checking craigslist and came across another one
called the owner, grabbed a trailed and went there to pick it up.
The guy bought it couple years ago as a project but never got to it.
still had a temp. permit from two years ago.
Anyway, got it fairly cheap because she had usual issues: brake lines and fuels line busted
you turn the ignition and fuel is spreading from under!
Also exhaust system was non-existent.
right rocker panel was replaced but whoever did it didn't do it right and it had rust and holes in it already.
now a few months later
brake system re-plumbed with new lines as well as fuel line,
new turbo and complete exhaust system with deleted cat i made myself
ABS deleted.
driver's seat was in real poor shape so i removed the cover and took it to upholstery shop
for repairs.
unfortunately they only have a small piece of matching leather so they replaced three patches
which is good for now because this is not going to be a daily driver
car is up and running.
the only thing left to do is to replace a rocker panel.
My co-driver is going to fab it in his shop and then she'll be all completed!

As i mentioned i regretted selling the previous one.
So this one i'm gonna keep for the rest of my life unless i find another ST for a project lol.
Going to replace engine bearings along with seals and timing belt to make sure it'll run for another 28 years
Having blown a number of engine in the past i just have this thing for replacing rod and main bearings lol
Not going to do anything to add power because i want it to last.
When i get really old or maybe even between stage rallies i will probably do TSD rallies in it if i find a good navigator.
And snow-x's on Barne's lake
In the red one i've had before we had won T-Bird winter rally overall with a record score
and became a Western Canada's TSD rally champ's i think like 3 years ago and surely Celica contributed a lot to it.
Funny i think i was the only one who run studdless tires and roads were super icy
so my co-driver didn't feel comfortable and said: every one is laughing at as
but we had the last laugh after the finish
Got to say from all the cars i've driven on slippery surface Alltrac is the most enjoyable and fun to drive!
Surely it's a bit on a heavy side and under-powered but extremely predictable and controllable.

underscore

I remember being extra annoyed that was one of the years I missed going to Thunderbird because there was a Celica there to boot. I'll miss this year as well, but I'm hoping to be at Totem later this year and Thunderbird next year with my GTFour. Last year we ran my GTS but being only FWD (not ideal), lowered 2" (not ideal) and losing 5th & reverse the day before the event (REALLY not ideal) we didn't do too well. Then we broke a few things at KVR, I was intending to fix it for TSDing but the AWD is just so much more fun on loose surfaces I don't think I can go back to FWD.

Oakey,
things I've done to my Alltrac for the past couple years (being busy with stage rallying, building a new stage rally car and two jobs lol)
Replaced brake lines completely because old lines were completely rusted and were leaking brake fluid from everywhere.
Replaced both front calipers.
Replaced fuel lines. Again, because fuel was leaking from down under as soon as the ignition key is turned.
Replaced turbo with CT26 and installed catless downpipe.
Built a new exhaust system
Re-upholstered driver's seat.
Right rocker panel was replaced before and they didn't do rustproofing so it had huge holes in it. I made a custom panel and installed it properly with copper primer and wax spraying. it'll last forever now.
also extended sunroof tube (one for now) and redirected it to the outside; That's what Toyota should've done from the beginning!
Removed bth fenders and cleaned rust from the insides, primed and covered with wax.

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 1,294
  • seat restored.jpg
    seat restored.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,294
  • IMG_20210815_151846800.jpg
    IMG_20210815_151846800.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 1,294
more pictures

Attachments

• IMG_20210820_135403918.jpg
    IMG_20210820_135403918.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 1,292
  • IMG_20210904_160757459.jpg
    IMG_20210904_160757459.jpg
    526.3 KB · Views: 1,292
  • IMG_20210918_121554916.jpg
    IMG_20210918_121554916.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 1,292

Roreri

Stages of AllTrac ownership:

Interest
Lust
Seeking
Aquisition
Ownership
Frustration
Disenchantment
Sale
Regret
Seeking

Good to see more people working on theirs---I know I'm enjoying working on mine and having work done to it!

underscore":1be4x6gw said:
Somehow I missed the updates, nice progress you're making there. Did you repair the rockers yourself?
yessir, I've been fixing cars for living for the past like 30 years. Built about 10 rally cars as well )
Progress continues:
Also repaired a small hole in the left rocker panel,
Repaired both Q-panels,
right rocker guard was missing so I had to make one myself.
Also opened up the engine and replaced main and rod bearings and thrust bearings
Having history of blowing rally car engines I have this thing about engine bearings LOL.
Funny part is: all the bearings looked fine except for the last two MAIN ones.
Go figure?
Also bought and installed 1" wheel adapters because narrow track looked rather stupid on wide body.

Attachments

• Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 708
  • engine berings.jpg
    engine berings.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_20211023_142533565.jpg
    IMG_20211023_142533565.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 708
The Q-panel extension/rocker guard I formed out of plastic and then cover with three layers of fiber w epoxy

Attachments

• Q-panel.jpg
    Q-panel.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 689
  • extension.jpg
    extension.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 689
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    727.7 KB · Views: 689

Roreri

alexinvancouver":3sv8wos9 said:
Also bought and installed 1" wheel adapters because narrow track looked rather stupid on wide body.

So good to see you making progress. And yes. 1" spacers on the rear wheels is essential for the widebody models.

saved_1992

Suggest if resealing engine remove the VIS seen too many engines destroyedby them little screws. I think ATS racing in Texas sells a spacer or maybe KO RACING in Oregon. Nice save !!