A Major Milestone Reached! The hard part is done, and she runs and drives!
You'll have to forgive just a couple recycled photos in this post, since I'm just ecstatic with how well this came out and I wanted to show it off. This one's fresh though. Drove her to work this week.
Close-up of the beautiful carbon fiber hood. I really just don't have the heart to paint over it to make it match.
Latest good picture of the engine bay. I think the best description I can come up with for it is "a nightmare difficulty 3D Factorio game." Last weekend I took it out for a drive, and the power steering idle up vacuum switch backed out again. I had to get it towed back to the house, where I safety-wired it back in before driving it to the shop, along with a new A/C compressor, pump, and vacuum switch. My local Saint installed it all for me and had it ready for pickup the same day. I spent the remainder of the week making fine adjustments to the dual-port BoV and EBC. It will ramp to fuel cut at 15PSI quickly if I turn it up above 40% gain. I have performance mode set to 14 PSI with an alarm at 13.5 so I know when I've pegged it. The butt dyno approves. Daily mode I've got at a more conservative 10.5 PSI
Interior is looking and feeling like home. I love how it came out, and I especially love the new pedals. They're helping immensely with my heel-toe training.
Slightly older photo of the interior showing off the nice leather seats from a better angle.
plastic blank plate over where the ashtray used to be holds the turbo timer and EBC interface. The shifter boot panel features a commemorative placard dedicating the car to Behruz Shahrivar
, without whom this restomod never would have been.
And that's where we're at now... and I'm enjoying driving it around while saving up the dosh to get it painted, which will be the next step. I found a local guy who runs a shop called Apex Autobody in San Jose, and he's quoted me ~$6k for all the body repair work and a full repaint including original bumper and hood.