Project Panda ST185

alltrac801

In the process of installing my coilovers I torn my axle boot. I ordered a new axle from Rockauto and got it installed today. My question is, has anyone here just replaced the boot? And is it price effective? If so I'll just keep my old axle and order a boot for it so i have a spare.

Attachments

• rps20190625_163945.jpg
    rps20190625_163945.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 2,075
If you got a new half-shaft from RockAuto in the $45 - $50 range, you would be hard pressed to put a proper boot on your old one for that (given it needs to be taken apart). You can put a split boot on as a replacement, but I don't see them as being durable or particularly good at keeping dust/water out.

Magroo

Ive replaced boots on both my alltrac and my subaru. It's surprisingly easy but messy. Be sure to have lots of paper towels on hand.

underscore

I would do it purely because you know that axle is good internally and spares may become scarce one day.

alltrac801

I think I'll order a new boot and just replace it so I have a spare. I was looking at the old one and it doesn't look bad to do but like Magroo said messy lol. Thanks for the input guys.

sefiroxx

Yes, I have setups for each of my old cars.

Buy the first, then take time to rebuild the old. You'll have it ready for an immediate install.

Wring, repeat.

alltrac801

UPDATE

Finally got my coilovers adjusted high enough for my liking. Got my new axel in, and replaced most of my rear arm bushings (a few bolts would not come out on the driver side and I really didn't feel like breaking them lol). Got her back from alignment an hour ago so I will be able to drive her home tonight and fine tune my coilovers and know how the feel FINALLY!

UtahSleeper

alltrac801":2w167kv2 said:
UPDATE

Finally got my coilovers adjusted high enough for my liking. Got my new axel in, and replaced most of my rear arm bushings (a few bolts would not come out on the driver side and I really didn't feel like breaking them lol). Got her back from alignment an hour ago so I will be able to drive her home tonight and fine tune my coilovers and know how the feel FINALLY!

Good job!!! Glad to see the few Utah trac's getting some love.

alltrac801

Thank you. Slowly but surely I'm getting things done. I just don't want to do anything major right now because I absolutely love driving the car and miss her when I'm not!

alltrac801

Got rid of the old leaking taillights and replaced with the updated taillights from the newer model celica. Now just need to find a center garnish to match.

Attachments

• rps20190725_163214.jpg
    rps20190725_163214.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 1,959
  • rps20190725_163036.jpg
    rps20190725_163036.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,959

alltrac801

Haven't done anything to the Panda for a while just enjoying driving it until I can register it as an antique in Utah so i dont have to worry about emissions! I am about to order a fuel rail and top feed fuel injectors. Just curious about what size injectors I should go with if I plan on keeping stock fuel lines.

I am ordering a Link G4+ plugin ECU, map sensor, and I already ordered the Walbro 255LPH fuel pump.

alltrac801

Got my fuel goodies and ECU from GT4 play! The Panda will be getting an upgrade soon!

Attachments

• rps20200506_102534.jpg
    rps20200506_102534.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 1,270

alltrac801

Finally gave the Panda a little attention. Installed a NRG steering wheel, with short hub, and quick release.

Attachments

• rps20200909_130308.jpg
    rps20200909_130308.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 806

autojumbled

Have you installed the Link and the fuel rail yet?
Keen to see how that works out for you as I'd love to upgrade the ECU and fuelling at some point!

alltrac801

No not yet. I've been really busy with work, family, and moving so its been sitting on the back burner. I'm going to get to it hopefully in the next couple weeks.