rjpan's 1993 Toyota Celica All-Trac Turbo

CMS-GT4

Looks like it came along like a good project. I tired work with fortune auto years ago to make me a set, and they had no interest even though they made a set for the 205 at the time.

rjpan

CMS-GT4":1bveiofd said:
Looks like it came along like a good project. I tired work with fortune auto years ago to make me a set, and they had no interest even though they made a set for the 205 at the time.

My only complaint is that, they keep improving their products, whenever I look at their website. I see a change or feature I wish I had, like oh I should have waited longer to upgrade.

originalmystro":1bveiofd said:
I'm kind of envious. Beautiful car. And thanks for the info about the CT27 I may order one for myself.

Thank you, Thank you! It took a lot of hard work to get it to where it is today. I did all the labor myself on this car, minus the paint.

I really should update the fact that the turbo blew within 14 months of ownership of it, I barely drive the car too. I have the same turbo in my MR2 and I've been running that since 2011 (Both cars running stock boost), and that one is still good. Maybe I got a lemon, maybe they changed the manufacturing process. They claim it is because I need to use a high zinc oil. I was running Mobile 1 10w30 (same oil I run in my MR2), and they were recommending, Valvoline VR1 10w30. I really didn't want to run a high zinc oil, because they're known to eat catalytic converters, and I live in California and I have to deal with SMOG. Another thing that came to mind recently, why it could have blew, is the fact that the All-Trac is factory without a Blow Off Valve, and that could add more stress to the turbo itself.

My ATS Racing CT27 is currently being rebuilt by, Reed Partridge of
https://www.turborepair.com/contact-us/
I gave him the specs of what oil I'm using, the boost levels I plan on keeping the car at, and the fact that I'm not running a blow off valve on the car.

underscore

The turbo failing sounds more like a defect in the turbo than a lack of BOV or slightly different oil. Especially considering that the stock turbos survive quite a long time with no BOV and oil technology from the 80s.

How are the BRD bushings for noise and vibration compared to stock? I went with far too stiff stuff for everything and have some clunks I want to be rid of, I thought it was my coilovers but I took those out and the noise is still there so I think it's the bushings.

rjpan

underscore":ltdo2djg said:
The turbo failing sounds more like a defect in the turbo than a lack of BOV or slightly different oil. Especially considering that the stock turbos survive quite a long time with no BOV and oil technology from the 80s.

How are the BRD bushings for noise and vibration compared to stock? I went with far too stiff stuff for everything and have some clunks I want to be rid of, I thought it was my coilovers but I took those out and the noise is still there so I think it's the bushings.

I like my BRD bushings, didnt have much seat time with the new bushings to tell you that much! (Not driving the car at the moment because of the Turbo) But soo far I have no complaints, they also offer a solid mount for the rear differential but I just opted for the Polyurethane mount because I want more of a street/comfortable car.

I looked at your profile and noticed you're located in Canada. There is a company that's Canadian based, called XIII Motorsports, and they offer bushings as well for the ST185 maybe you could give them a call.
https://www.xiiimotorsports.com/product ... ushing-kit

underscore

I have that kit in my car already actually, I like how it feels to drive but I think it might be causing some of the cabin drone since it's so solid.

Deceptik1

Clean restore/build! I remember seeing your car at Torc a couple years back. Thanks for listing those Superpro part numbers. I definitely need to do the same suspension mods in the future.

rjpan

underscore":1vjz87lc said:
I have that kit in my car already actually, I like how it feels to drive but I think it might be causing some of the cabin drone since it's so solid.

I don't see how it would be much different

Deceptik1":1vjz87lc said:
Clean restore/build! I remember seeing your car at Torc a couple years back. Thanks for listing those Superpro part numbers. I definitely need to do the same suspension mods in the future.

Thanks man! I try to go every year! I usually take my MR2 or Alltrac.

MARLON1211":1vjz87lc said:
Keep the good work. Kaibigan.

Thank you!

rjpan

December 21st 2019

Alltrac passed smog!

79878790_10156960139638042_3538112874972971008_o.jpg

79942310_10156960139873042_7321712963755180032_o.jpg

January 2019

Installed a Supra Turbo Fuel Pump
DENSO 9510014

Replaced O2 Sensor
DENSO 2344156

Replaced AC/Alternator Belt
BANDO 5PK1110

March 2020

Noticed my exhaust leak was caused to a failed flex pipe, Maybe that's the cause of the power loss under boost?

87630216_202353860860712_8785172900354195456_n.jpg

Decided to order Vibrant Performance TurboFlex 60810, going to get a friend to weld it for me, once i have time to take it off and bring it to him.

https://vibrantperformance.com/catalog/ ... ts_id=2392

April 1st 2020

Found my oil leak is being caused by my distributor o-ring
not sure if I just wanna replace it with Toyota 90099-14090, or get the Distributor Seal Repair Kit from TwosRUs

https://twosrus.com/catalog/product_inf ... ucts_id=67

My cruise control would work intermittently, I'm thinking of unplugging and re-plugging the speed sensor, maybe its loose from when I replaced the speedo cable.

I need to look through all my vacuum lines, hopefully I can find the reason for the loss of power under load

I also need to get my AC Re-Charged with R12, Im saving this for last.

FC Zach

rjpan":bj3n9zxy said:
December 14-18 2019

Did some engine bay tidying:
Replaced the cracked Cam Gear Cover, ABS Cover, and Speedo Cable

Nice find! On a few occasions, I've looked for a nice original upper timing cover but without any luck. I'm on my second clear cover, I actually just ordered it yesterday. . the first one seemed to disintegrate and break in areas.

rjpan

April 15th, 2020
Pulled the flexpipe section from my exhaust off to get repaired

95935191_2633162680286525_4503879818151985152_n.jpg
(the flex pipe on the right is for my spare Apexi exhaust for my MR2 Turbo)

April 17/18th, 2020

Picked up the flexpipe section of my exhaust from my friend 17th and installed it 18th.

No more exhaust leak!!!

April 20th, 2020
Ordered the Distributor Seal Repair Kit from TwosRUs

https://twosrus.com/catalog/product_inf ... ucts_id=67

April 24th, 2020
Distributor Seal Repair Kit arrives

May 2nd, 2020
Rebuilt the distributor, I tried making a youtube video, but failed my camera stopped filming 3/4 of the way. Overall the process wasn't bad at all. If your distributor is leaking oil from the seep hole that's on the bottom of the distributor near the harness plug, you definitely need to reseal your distributor.

Tools required:
Vice
Hammer
8mm
#2 Phillips
1/4 extension, (to tap the old seal and bearing out)
socket the same size as the seal, (To press the seal in)
socket the same size as the bearing, (To press the bearing in)
something to push the pin out,
and something to slip the pin into, when using the vise as a press.

95664491_1632992433516939_3791174731760140288_n.jpg

Hopefully that will be the last of my oil leaks!

So now I need to figure out why my cruise control sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, totally open to ideas of what to look at and for, also the car doesn't seem like 100% power is there, there is a power loss during boost still need to do what I previously told myself I would do.

AC will be last.

rjpan":2o8tj2h8 said:
My cruise control would work intermittently, I'm thinking of unplugging and re-plugging the speed sensor, maybe its loose from when I replaced the speedo cable.

I need to look through all my vacuum lines, hopefully I can find the reason for the loss of power under load

I also need to get my AC Re-Charged with R12, Im saving this for last.