abeans st185 - Kill 1 Save Another

underscore

If the A/C pressure switch or the rad temp switch are missing or disconnected the fan will run all the time. The AC switch plug can be jumpered, the rad switch needs to be working or you'll overheat.

abeans

Magroo":1c8odoek said:
Yes you'll have to press out the hub to get the studs out. I used a hub puller like this one. https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Drum- ... 151&sr=8-5

Inner and out hub seals are the same as front inner. Can usually find them pretty cheap on rock auto.

Radiator fan turns on via the fan switch located near the ac compressor. If its unplugged the fan will stay on all the time.

Yeah, I got a press. It's a strange design these studs holding the backing plate on.

Thanks for the info on the seals, I forgot to order those with the bearings.. Doh!

underscore":1c8odoek said:
If the A/C pressure switch or the rad temp switch are missing or disconnected the fan will run all the time. The AC switch plug can be jumpered, the rad switch needs to be working or you'll overheat.

Cool, I'll have another look by the a/c compressor do you know which pins need jumping?

Thanks.

underscore

According to my notes the light blue/black stripe & light green/black stripe wires. I made a little jumper to stick in the plug and then wrapped it all with a bunch of electrical tape.

abeans

Ditched the Motegis for a set of 17x8 +35 Drag wheels . 245 40 17 Indy 500's. Looking pretty meaty.

Xi2fKHIl.jpg

Reading on the forum these are supposed to fit. I'm a bit concerned about the front, and i got 5mm spacers for the rear to clear the strut.

oZvisKXl.jpg

qImn2xRl.jpg

sefiroxx

abeans":1epov7jv said:
- Radiator fan runs all the time. That could be for the above issue or possibly the A/C being disconnected? Looking online i see a 'radiator fan switch' in the radiator... pretty sure my Mishimoto radiator does not have a spot for that, nor do i recall one on the OEM radiators on either car... So i wonder what i'm missing.

My Mishomoto has a mounting hole for the temp switch. It came with a plug.

abeans

sefiroxx":2voytdeu said:
abeans":2voytdeu said:
- Radiator fan runs all the time. That could be for the above issue or possibly the A/C being disconnected? Looking online i see a 'radiator fan switch' in the radiator... pretty sure my Mishimoto radiator does not have a spot for that, nor do i recall one on the OEM radiators on either car... So i wonder what i'm missing.

My Mishomoto has a mounting hole for the temp switch. It came with a plug.

Yeah it's there I am just blind.

Magroo

There are two temperature sensors on the water neck one is for the ECU the other is for the gauge cluster. The one for the gauge cluster is basically just a spade connector. The one for the ECU is your typical Sumitomo connector.

Magroo

If I remember correctly its one single wire thst runs from the temp sensor through a junction connector near the ecu. I would start at the junction block and check for continuity in both directions.

I made a thread a long time ago about that junction connector let me see if I can dig it up.

Edit; found it. This is when I was building a new engine harness.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=52672&p=484797#p484797

abeans

Magroo":2lna8nam said:
If I remember correctly its one single wire thst runs from the temp sensor through a junction connector near the ecu. I would start at the junction block and check for continuity in both directions.

I made a thread a long time ago about that junction connector let me see if I can dig it up.

Edit; found it. This is when I was building a new engine harness.

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=52672&p=484797#p484797

That may help. I have the toyota manual(s) which are helpful... What is the other single wire sensor off this block? It's got a larger base maybe 22mm or 7/8 and it has a pig tail off of it to a grey plug

This harness isn't exactly winning any awards, but it's leaps and bounds better then the mess i ripped out from the car, i planned on redoing it eventually, once i get all the bugs sorted.

Magroo

I cant remember exactly think that's for either the cold start injector or the ac. Leaning more towards cold start.

I think the vacuum port looking thing is for the evap system.