Cherry : Restomod project

Talk about your project car here

Re: Cherry : Restomod project

Postby alltracman78 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:30 pm

Awesome!

Slow and steady....
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
alltracman78
GTFour God

Postby Domspun » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:33 pm

819_ay wrote: Now i'm waiting for some parts from overseas, including a steering rack!!!! Kind of looking forward to receive it and getting it cleaned up.

lol I also ordered a steering rack from Japan last year. Looked almost new. I still have my old one, was thinking of getting it rebuilt.
Domspun
Club Member

Postby 819_ay » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:28 pm

I bought my rack from a guy in the UK. I have been advised against rebuilding them, due to the tight tolerance between the gear, the housing and the seals. The gear might have some slight wear and the seals wont seal properly. So I just cleaned, sanded and painted the used rack I bought. I do have the rebuild kit for it, so if I need it in the future I can rebuild it . I'm just going to hope for the best right now lol!

I got the front brakes finished up. Finally. Porsche 986 calipers matched with 312mm Audi rotors, Techna-Fit SS brake lines all around. I think the hardest part was finding a set of Audi rotors without 10 holes. For some weird reason , these rotors have 10 holes (5x112) drilled, I think I bought 4 sets of rotors before finding these Centric rotors with only 5 holes. I needed only 5 holes so i can drill the 5x100 bolt pattern. I could have switched to 5x114.3 bolt pattern but I want to use my OZ cronos wheels. Now that everything is bolted up , I can get some fluid into the brake lines and make sure nothing is leaking. Next step , I start working on the interior while I save money/ start buying parts for the motor( that might take me a while lol)

I also got the steering rack and inner/outer tie rods. so that's another step done.

Don't forget to check out the drive link in the first post for pictures!
Attachments
IMG_20220919_121504_488(1).jpg
IMG_20220919_121504_4591.jpg
819_ay
Club Member

1992 Toyota Celica

Previous

Return to My Project