92-93 Tail Lights and Center Plate Holder

Looking for parts, ask around!

Re: 92-93 Tail Lights and Center Plate Holder

Postby 93celicaconv » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:36 pm

Tippo wrote:I meant from resellers. Especially JDM! They are technically separate from Toyota since they come apart, but if a third party is selling you this item without the amber corners that clip into the tail-lights, then that's messed up. It's near impossible to find them used otherwise. We're not talking new from toyota, right?

I was referring to an earlier post in this thread where the tail light assemblies were available from Amayama.com. Toyota in the US cannot get parts from Toyota Japan. So if Toyota Japan has parts, that is where Amayama.com fits in. Amayama.com basically sells only what they can buy from Toyota Japan, and is willing to ship them overseas. So Amayama.com is only selling exactly the same parts (bundled the same way in certain cases) as Toyota Japan sells them.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
93celicaconv
Club Member

Postby underscore » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:56 pm

I'm talking new from Toyota. You can buy the housing with the bulbs and wiring harness all together, or just the housing, but the corner markers/vents are sold separately with their own part numbers. I get that the complete (minus corner piece) assemblies are different because the harness will be different for the extra bulb on the USDM ones. But the part numbers for the bare housings are different as well.
★ 1991 GTFour RC ~ "Rebel Scum" ★
Build thread http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44216
underscore
GTFour God

Postby 93celicaconv » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:01 pm

underscore wrote:I'm talking new from Toyota. You can buy the housing with the bulbs and wiring harness all together, or just the housing, but the corner markers/vents are sold separately with their own part numbers. I get that the complete (minus corner piece) assemblies are different because the harness will be different for the extra bulb on the USDM ones. But the part numbers for the bare housings are different as well.

I think we are saying the same thing. Those rear corner lamp assemblies/covers are not available for the 90-91 version (USDM) and only one of the two sides is available for the 92-93 version (USDM). Would be nice if all of them were still available through Toyota to go with new taillight assemblies. But at least the tail light assemblies are still available.
93celicaconv
Club Member

Postby underscore » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:57 pm

Sorry I was meaning to reply to Tippo, looks like you beat me slightly lol.
★ 1991 GTFour RC ~ "Rebel Scum" ★
Build thread http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=44216
underscore
GTFour God

Postby Tippo » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:06 pm

Yup gotcha, so those are OEM from Amayama - naturally you have to piece meal order every part that is separate. I'm talking about junk yard / 3rd party resellers. Kinda got lost in the thread but OP stated they wanted some. You can source anything over seas for the most part, but it comes with a steep cost often. Thanks for clarification btw.

Also, Partrequest kinda googles for you on sites like ebay if you're looking for tails.

https://www.partrequest.com/catalog/tai ... elica/1993
1992 SW20 MR2 Turbo 4th Gen 3SGTE Swap. Aquamarine Pearl. "Priscilla"
1992 ST185 Celica All-Trac Turbo 4th Gen 3SGTE Swap. Teal Metallic. "Lazarus"
1990 ST185 Cellica All-Trac Turbo. Grey Metallic. "Mirum"
Tippo
Club Member

Postby RedCelicaTRD » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:31 am

Amayama took my money and then said the parts are discontinued. They annoy me so bad. They tell you they need to check availability, then take your money, then say it’s discontinued.

I’ll dig up more part numbers and try again.
Wayne
1990 All Trac
Grumpy Moderator
RedCelicaTRD
GTFour God

Postby Tippo » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:31 pm

RedCelicaTRD wrote:Amayama took my money and then said the parts are discontinued. They annoy me so bad. They tell you they need to check availability, then take your money, then say it’s discontinued.

Yikes! Again, why I wouldn't recommend doing that. Sorry to hear... hopefully you can reclaim that money. Check third party as well, there are plenty of people selling on forums and marketplace. I have a spare set of Zenkis, but nobody wants those haha
1992 SW20 MR2 Turbo 4th Gen 3SGTE Swap. Aquamarine Pearl. "Priscilla"
1992 ST185 Celica All-Trac Turbo 4th Gen 3SGTE Swap. Teal Metallic. "Lazarus"
1990 ST185 Cellica All-Trac Turbo. Grey Metallic. "Mirum"
Tippo
Club Member

Postby 93celicaconv » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:14 pm

Tippo wrote:I have a spare set of Zenkis, but nobody wants those haha

Is your spare set of Zenkis (90-91) used, or NOS?
93celicaconv
Club Member

Postby RedCelicaTRD » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:55 pm

Tippo wrote:
RedCelicaTRD wrote:Amayama took my money and then said the parts are discontinued. They annoy me so bad. They tell you they need to check availability, then take your money, then say it’s discontinued.

Yikes! Again, why I wouldn't recommend doing that. Sorry to hear... hopefully you can reclaim that money. Check third party as well, there are plenty of people selling on forums and marketplace. I have a spare set of Zenkis, but nobody wants those haha

They’ve already started my refund. They are a good company from a money handling perspective, but their order process bothers me.
Wayne
1990 All Trac
Grumpy Moderator
RedCelicaTRD
GTFour God

Previous

Return to Parts Wanted