205 into 185 swap FAQ

therealmusashi

Hello all,

I've been digging on the site for a considerable amount of time, and still haven't been able to find a sticky or good comprehensive FAQ about putting a 205 into a USDM 185.

I'd like to know:

- the pitfalls to avoid
- the parts that can/should be re-used from the 185
- what can be done about the intercooler situation
- potential wiring issues
- any other typical encounters

If you've got links, please provide them - but I've read enough "use the search feature" replies, so don't bother. I've been using it, and I'm not turning up anything comprehensive. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

therealmusashi

Excellent, thank you very much. All in one thread is good enough for me. I have no aversion at all to reading, but I just couldn't seem to find it even after trying a great number of search criterion ("205 to 185 swap" etc). Not sure how I missed that after several hours of searching, but thanks again.

Cheers

Einst3in

might want to state what your swapping as well. Such as st205 motor swap, st205 inter-cooler swap, st205 tranny swap, st205 rear sub frame, or just a complete swap of everything. i know this was awhile ago to but i was just browsing and wasn't sure by the title but am guessing your swapping the motor after reading the post. What ever your swapping id love to see a write up on it :)