Fuel Cut disable/delete??? ST185

Selsvik

when i start up the car, it does not idle "correct", and the check engine light does not appear until about 1900rpm...
so i dont know if that means that the sensor is failing or if it is working and detects a problem... :shrug:

underscore

At low RPM the ECU doesn't check the knock circuit. The easy check is using a multimeter at the ECU plug, check if the wire for the knock sensor is shorted to ground. If yes replace the wiring, if no get access to the knock sensor and check for continuity from the plug to the ECU. If it's good replace the sensor, if it's broken replace the wiring. Be sure to use shielded wire and properly ground the shield (only at one end! that part is absolutely critical) if you replace it.

Selsvik

Small update since last.
*I replaced the knock sensor and the check engine light dissapeared. :))) turns out that the sensor was faulty.
So the car runs alot better now, but still not perfect.
*I found out that the EGR was leaking exhaust, so i blocked it! Works better after that.
*And i found an air pressure leakage, so fixed that as well.

Whenever i boost up to like 0,5bar or higher, it feels like fuel cut. it shakes alot and does not want to go faster.
But i disconnected the MAP sensor entirely(just plugged the pressure hose), so i dont see how that can be it...(?)
i also tried to turn the boos to a minimum, still won't run good when full boost.

And when i have been driving for a little while and stops, the car wont idle perfect. it goes up and down on RPM.

I recently changed back to the original air filter box just to see if that made a difference.

*Recently changed spark plugs (original Toyota parts)
*installed Oil Catch Can

i am this close to giving up and just sell the car... :/
please help :)

Selsvik

So this is the Map Sensor, right?
so what i did to disable the fuel cut, was to disconnect the vacuum/pressure hose that was connected underneath the sensor, and plugged it. i haven't done anything else with the sensor.
this is the way to do it, am i right?

Attachments

• maps sensor 3.jpg
    maps sensor 3.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 3

alltrac801

That's my understanding on how to disable fuel cut the easy way. I'm no expert at all but I have been trying to learn about the ST185 All-Trac all I can and I don't think your issue is fuel cut. I don't know enough to tell you what the issue is but I don't think it has to do with fuel cut. Hopefully someone on here that is more knowledgeable can lead you in the right direction though.

Are you still running the factory ECU?

___Scott___

If you didn't already, check the spark gap on those new plugs. They usually come "pre-gapped", but I always check them anyway. ATS Racing recommends setting them to 0.028".

I just put in new plugs and set them to 0.030". That's working a lot better than the old plugs that had eroded to a gap closer to 0.036". I like NGK Iridium plugs. They are a little on the pricey side but the set I replaced were roughly 10 years old. So, if you keep the car and drive it a lot, I think they are worth it (mine is my daily driver.)