Can It Be Saved ? Part II

GT-FOUR-UK

Howdy Guys :)

Firstly I just wanna say a 'BIG THANKYOU' to everyone that gave me advice on my last post where I posted pics of my crash in the snow, where my drivers side rear wheel suspension bars snapped and bent outta shape.

Well.. after much investigation and education, I managed to get the 3 suspension bars, and its taken me two days to fit them, and I finished about 1 hr ago :)

So I gets in the car, she cracks up 2nd turn of key, I drive steady up and down the drive, no problems there, so I decided to take her for a run up and down street, but as I pull off my drive onto the road, the steering seams all funny, feels like a wheel is going to fall off and is extremley light.

It also seams to 'flop' from side to side at certain points too :(

Here are 3 pics of my wheel all back together :

All new bars, straight and back together :)

Dispite new bars, wheel still seams to be point out a little

Top angle

So ... anyone got any ideas why the wheel is still pointing outwards despite new bars being fitted ?

Also could this be the reason the car steering seams funny, maybe I snapped a suspension bar up front but doubtful, I'll have a quick look tomorrow.

Either way the car cant be driven like this, not even to the garage :( any ideas guys please ?

Cheers :)

turbo4wd

Even if you fit new suspension parts, you would still have to get it aligned. It looks like your toe setting is obviously way off..

All Fours

that is massively toed out, looks like it is way out of the range of adjustment. I'd check more thoroughly for damage, particularly to the rear subframe that supports the diff and the suspension arms bolt to. If you can't see any then get it aligned and see if they can bring it back within spec.

GT-FOUR-UK

Howdy guys.

Well thanks for your comments.

OK I am still hopeful lol I have to be at the mo..

Anyway I've noticed that the front wheel is ALSO outtaline ! :eek: so the steering flop could be down to that, maybe theres a snapped suspension bar up front ?

OK I have two scenarios as far as I can see ..

Scenario 1 is ... check front suspension replace any damaged parts, toe in the rear and make this me final attempt to fix it...

Scenario 2 is ... buy a cheap car to run around in for now, and when I can afford it, transplant the GT Four engine into it :D so I need a cheap donor car, preferably sommat light.

If I cant fix it, any ideas on a cheap donor which would accept the GT Four engine ? or is it not possible / easy to do this what with ecu's etc.

Cheers :)

InitialD93

just go get it on an alignment rack somewhere... find a shop and get it on there... they will tell you everything u want to know... they will be able to fix the alignment and see if you have actually damaged anything else...

you cant do an alignment by yourself you have to have a machine...