MEGAN SPRINGS

banshee 101

935motorsports has them for sale for 99 bucks, wondering if anyone has used these springs and if so whats your opinion on them, quality durability???etc...
thanks
nick

alltracst185

i got them like a year ago and i love the ride, not too bouncey and not too stiff. nothing wrong with them yet.

i'd say buy them, use them for now and save for full coil over kit.

alltracst185

yes and they are doing fine for now...i plan to get some kyb gas struts soon though! or maybe just get a full coilover kit. i got the lowering springs just because i did not like the way my car sat so high with 17" rims with 45 profile tires.

gt4tified

alltracst185":3rg4rcsw said:
yes and they are doing fine for now...i plan to get some kyb gas struts soon though! or maybe just get a full coilover kit. i got the lowering springs just because i did not like the way my car sat so high with 17" rims with 45 profile tires.

The 17"s have a lot to do with it. I bought the megans for my GTFOUR with 15"s with 205/50/15" tyres. I had to put a 1/2" thick rubber spring seat in front with my new KYB GR2 struts to get an acceptable ride height. Its a little over a year later and the struts are dying fast on me. The rear was really low and I was bottoming out my exhaust (3" at the time). I went back to the stock springs on the rears.

As far as ride goes, I can't really complain, but I really want adjustable height coilovers so I'd put all lowering springs in more or less the same category. The rates for the megans are 300 front and 250 rear.

Hope my review helps, as I don't know what size wheels your on.

alltracst185

i also use 18's staggered (my baller wheels) :wink: still no problems...other than a little rubbage in the back because my spacer and the offset on these wheels are a bit too much, even with the fenders rolled! a nice flush look though 8)