Attachments

• 10042_002.jpg
    10042_002.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 10042_003.jpg
    10042_003.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 52

kingcobb

hey! for the st205 owners here, what issues would you run into for regular maintenance for your car? like all spark plug sizes fit properly and oil filters are the same for the st185 rc and st205 wrc? What about brake rotors and pads, where would u guys go for those? Just curious before i go and spend 9 k lol. thanks alot

schweizerceli

Plug wires and other various "less frequent" maintenance parts must be purchased from Japan/UK.

Brakes are a definete imported part ... MKIV Supra calipers are the same for the front I have heard (except they say "Celica") but have not tested if pads can be interchanged.

Suspension pieces will break the bank if you get a tired car.

Plugs, dizzy, rotor and oil filters can be bought locally.

Definetely, the ST205 will require a bit more planning and $$ to keep up compared to the imported T18s.

Care to share the 205 you are after?

Back On Topic..

1994 GT-Four WRC, RED, Calgary

kingcobb

This is the wrc i'm looking at, although he said everythiings in good running condition, the water and timing belt were both done at 91800kms. Its got drl, and side marker lights being installed apparently. Interior is pretty nice, just wear on the steering wheel thats as much as i could see from the photos he's sent me. Although i'm just curious for the brakes and stuff, just not many parts i can get locally like my st185 rc.

http://ottawa.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles ... Z129670065

GTFOURST205guy

ChrisD":1sn40cbg said:
Sideskirts look like factory Toyota, but that front bumper is definitely not...

ya. but i don't want anything hanging off the body. p.s. what kind of hp difference is there between the non wrc and wrc? I am planning to eventually get a wrc and use the non as a dd and was just curious as to what the output difference is?

Gary ST165

GTFOURST205guy":32e1ucn5 said:
p.s. what kind of hp difference is there between the non wrc and wrc? I am planning to eventually get a wrc and use the non as a dd and was just curious as to what the output difference is?

nothing in it really. comparisson only as far as a tired engine versus a good engine will show.
15 year old cars >in the UK the JDM imposrt typically dyno 250 - 275 flywheel horse power at 11-15 psi in stock trim.

GTFOURST205guy

Okay so I got some pictures of the car and under the hood and the black paint on the intercooler is slightly faded and i just wasn't sure what or even if that means anything.

Attachments

• SANY0239.JPG
    SANY0239.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 32

Gary ST165

GTFOURST205guy":osi3776c said:
Okay so I got some pictures of the car and under the hood and the black paint on the intercooler is slightly faded and i just wasn't sure what or even if that means anything.

dirty ? > clean it :D

or buy this new genuine replacement: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELICA-GT4 ... 0420270842

!BRefVUgBWk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw2KwwWBJ-LY,fe+g~~_1.JPG

GTFOURST205guy

Gary ST165":zsgwlx1q said:
GTFOURST205guy":zsgwlx1q said:

dirty ? > clean it :D

or buy this new genuine replacement: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-CELICA-GT4 ... 0420270842

!BRefVUgBWk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw2KwwWBJ-LY,fe+g~~_1.JPG

thats so weird I was just looking at that like five minutes ago, unfortunately it doesn't ship to canada and i also have a fairly limited budget atm so only important things can be done for now.

Insanity-74

kingcobb":1qgq7u45 said:
hey! for the st205 owners here, what issues would you run into for regular maintenance for your car? like all spark plug sizes fit properly and oil filters are the same for the st185 rc and st205 wrc? What about brake rotors and pads, where would u guys go for those? Just curious before i go and spend 9 k lol. thanks alot

Regular maintenance parts should be readily picked up from internet based suppliers...pretty much all will post stuff world wide.

www.TCBparts.co.uk
www.cheaptoyotaparts.co.uk

Then theres the likes of Fensport, Greenline & Nengun for special & performance parts, also whifbitz do some GT4 bits. All as far as I know will ship stuff to anywhere in the world.

Another worth while option in joining the GT4OC (no blatent plug intended), there are a few traders on there that will and do regularly post parts to the US & Canada, GT4s are regularly getting broken for spares so you will find pretty much anything GT4 related for sale at one point or another, also there is a constant stream of parts for sale from regular members, some of which will gladly post overseas and I`m sure you could soon twist the arm of those not so keen.

Then of course there is E-bay.co.uk...lots of GT4 parts on there all the time all though not all sellers will post over seas.

Any new GT4 owner will come up with the same issues no matter where they are in the world....they are difficult to find bits for, but you will soon develop a good network of suppliers to call upon when things go wrong.

T-Barr

hey guys, just got a mine 3 days ago. ST-205 Works mint. 100,000KM

Wondering where I can get a Alternator Belt!?

DSC02488.jpg