ST185 GT-Four brake rotors same as ST185 alltrac?

sims

hey guys,

I need to replace my rear rotors. I remember when I did the pads the calipers on my GT-Four which is a 91 model had different calipers then the alltrac. I believe they were the same as the ST165.

can anyone confirm what rotors I will require for the back? part number and model options would be awesome if you want to be extra helpful :notworthy:

thanks!

snakeeater

Yes you r right about the rear being st165. simpily get brakes for a 88 alltrac for the rear and 91 alltrac for the frount. Part #s? toyodyi.com, com on I found this out the hard way you can at least look up the numbrs

sims

snake eater, have you confirmed this? Your 90 is a narrow body I imagine? in 91 they changed to wide body and I'm not sure if anything else changed aswell. so strange that they would use the ST165 brakes on the GT-Fours versus the larger brakes on the alltrac.

sims

hey guy's

I'm still trying to figure this out. according to this thread viewtopic.php?f=50&t=30255&start=0 on the GT-Four the rear's are the same as the ST185 and its the fronts that are different? i'm so confused. I looked at my fronts and I do have two piston calipers, one pistons in the rear.

also, does anyone know if we can still get brembo rotors for our cars? the brembo site shows nothing for the ST185 but shows a rotor for the ST16X, I thought the ST165 alltrac brakes were different from the regular ST165?

sims

:bangshead: :bangshead: :bangshead:

I'm getting different answers from everyone.

looking at toyodiy it shows my 1991 GT-Four having the same part number for the rear rotor as the ST165(42431-2010)

the North american Alltrac uses 42431‑20240.

So it looks like they are different ?

I guess the only way to really know is to order the ST165 rotor's a find out..

snakeeater

Oops I forgot toyota ceased production of the narrow bodys in 90, only sold for one model year. WHAT I KNOW:SLEEK NARROW BODY JDM 89-90: ST185 FRONT, ST165 REAR. ANY thing ELSE (UGLY WIDEBODY) past Aug 90 :185=185brakes

WTF?? toyota was on crack if your st185 has 165 front brakes. i sure hope this isnt common

gtfour93

sims":3nqya5r3 said:
:bangshead: :bangshead: :bangshead:

I'm getting different answers from everyone.

looking at toyodiy it shows my 1991 GT-Four having the same part number for the rear rotor as the ST165(42431-2010)

the North american Alltrac uses 42431‑20240.

So it looks like they are different ?

I guess the only way to really know is to order the ST165 rotor's a find out..
Have you tried to input the VIN or Frame # of your car? This usually filters the part number(s) that you need. Too bad the parts diagrams are no longer available though.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/q.html