Engine Vibration/Noise

Have you checked the ECU for codes yet, as this will likely point you straight to the problem if the check engine light flashes on at the same time as the vibration occurs

awolo

The only codes that where recorded: 34 & 35

Which is unrelated to this issue.

belanger33 hasn't read any codes either.

belanger33

In my case, the noise is always present at cold or warm engine it doesnt change anything.... however, my idle when the car is cold never gets as high as 1700 so i dont hear it idle...

Have you taken off the cover yet?

awolo":3lgmccrt said:
I have some new information on this issue.

For the past few weeks I have noticed that when the engine is just started, like in the morning, on a cooler day, my idle will be right in the 1500/1600 range...BUT, the noise/vibration is not present until after a few minutes. It slowly comes on, almost like something is rattling lose. Then she is back to her normal loud self.

belanger33 - Have you noticed this as well?

awolo

belanger33":3fxu1n0q said:
In my case, the noise is always present at cold or warm engine it doesnt change anything.... however, my idle when the car is cold never gets as high as 1700 so i dont hear it idle...

Have you taken off the cover yet?

Mine is also the same way. Hot or cold, always there.

I have not gotten around to removing the cover yet. It is surely on my list though.

A friend of mine thinks there is something going on in the Valve area. I was assuming that a noise like this being associated with the valve train would cause the car to run poorly or not at all. But that does not seem to be the case. Which is odd IMO.