US ST205 owners roll call

deadxwreckoning

Hello guys,

I am trying to figure out how many GT-FOURs are actually in the USA.
From what I have been told, there are only about 6 in the US. But I believe there are more then that.
If you have a ST205 in the USA, speak up! And let me and everyone know where you're from.

Aside from me, I know there is a silver GT-FOUR and a white GT-FOUR located in California. So there is three so far.
Looking for actual ST205s, not conversions.

Thanks!

sammyw

I heard that there was two st-205s up in NW WA, I want to say Anacortes but I am not sure. I don't have a lot of details on them just that they were both LHD and not conversions, I heard this from a guy who went out to look into buying one.

deadxwreckoning

sammyw":zdpuupra said:
I heard that there was two st-205s up in NW WA, I want to say Anacortes but I am not sure. I don't have a lot of details on them just that they were both LHD and not conversions, I heard this from a guy who went out to look into buying one.

Thanks for the info sammyw.

Guess no one else wants to chirp in, eh?

sammyw

No problem, and considering the ST-205 is technically illegal in the states I doubt anyone online is going to fess up to owning one. I am definitely keeping my eyes peeled for one, never seen a 205 in person.

OutToWinPAHC

Why would they have converted them to LHD? That does nothing for legality, RHD is legal in the US, the legality is if the vehicle was eligible to import, bond release obtained, EPA cert.

sammyw

I meant like ST-204 to an ST-205, I am well aware of the legality of RHD vehicles in the US. That would have been silly to go RHD to LHD because you are right it would not have made it anymore legal. I just thought it was weird that they were LHD, because I didn't think they would be as common since the ST-205 wasn't sold in North America, but I could be wrong.

urbandork

sammyw":2xgekvgd said:
I meant like ST-204 to an ST-205, I am well aware of the legality of RHD vehicles in the US. That would have been silly to go RHD to LHD because you are right it would not have made it anymore legal. I just thought it was weird that they were LHD, because I didn't think they would be as common since the ST-205 wasn't sold in North America, but I could be wrong.

IIRC german st205's are LHD

sammyw

urbandork":y9zryeai said:
IIRC german st205's are LHD

Right, the German ST-205s, and not many other countries. So this guy imported them all the way from Germany, or wherever, to the NW, last time I checked Japan was just a tad bit closer, and more convenient. The whole story is weird.

Mafix":y9zryeai said:
i wouldn't post if i had one. god knows, you may end up like the skylines.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/breaki ... wners.html

Eeek, scary! When I get pulled over, which has been once in my all-trac *knock on wood*, I always tell the officer it has been checked by state patrol, which it was, because I am always afraid they might try something like that just because it is RHD.