Just another topic I thought off bov and bonnet vent

Matty-st185

Guys just thought about when replacing the standard intercooler
With a front mount .. What happens with the bonnet vent?

Does it not allow water to vent in to the spark plug area
I havent looked at it properly yet ? But do you just leave it alone ?
Reason I'm asking is I had a car with a vent before and it allowed
Water into the plugs which is bad just wondering what you guys have done
Or is it ok left alone ?

Next thing is the bov ...
I have a baileys one on and it's fine but I don't like it
I don't see the original valve there either !?
If I remove the bov and put just sealed pipe work
Back instead will I achieve that kinda chatter
Dumping back threw the induction kit ?
You now how Silvia's sound when dumping

Matty-st185

Bump ?

I'm almost thinking of doing that intercooler mod with the
Electric fan !! Looks cool but is it as good as a front mount
Constant cool air sucked in there really sounds like a +

gt4tified

Even with an extractor type fan there, I don't think it will be as efficient as a FMIC, depending on how the piping is routed. The only way to scientifically tell is to have both cars side by side, let them be driven on the same track in the same way and then use a thermal IR scanner.

Because of the angle that the engine sits, its hardly likely that water will accumulate in the spark plug holes in the head. I'd be more concerned with water (rain) hitting the turbo, downpipe and maifold if the stock heatshield is removed or a different turbo is used with no insulation (eg. turbo blanket, heat wrap).

brutekiller787

That shutter is called compressor surge. And its bad. If you like it then go for it but say goodbye to your turbo. Just Google surge compressor surge and you will see.

OEM these did not come with a bov.

underscore

If you're worried about water in the plug tubes just build a little cover/deflector for the plug area.

For the BOV, there isn't a stock BOV or recirc for the 2nd gen 3SGTE, they actually run worse with one. Just remove it and get a straight coupler.

gt4tified

underscore":2jdck82e said:
If you're worried about water in the plug tubes just build a little cover/deflector for the plug area.

For the BOV, there isn't a stock BOV or recirc for the 2nd gen 3SGTE on the Alltrac, they actually run worse with one. Just remove it and get a straight coupler.

The MR2 turbo's came with a bypass valve. I have one if ur interested, but I live in the Caribbean.