North american GT4 question?

ohkay

I stumbled on to this Craigslist add today: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/4328475657.html
I went to go check it out and its in rough shape, car has been sitting for 2 years ect...
I noticed that there wasn't a sunroof and that the GT4 has a RC bumper. how rare is it for a north american GT4 not to have a sun roof?
Also, so you guys know this car is a serious project car, but the price is fairly low. I just don't want to tow it to san jose.

r-town

That GT4 is a serious project. But the price is low like you said, even states OBO. Mine is also a 1990 and funny thing it also has a similar hit on the rear quarter panel and same stock paint on engine bay.

crymson

You know, if he has the crash bar for that bumper, those two together could easily bring in $600-800 as parts. Someone from the FWD crowd will probably want the hood, say $50, probably also take the transmision and engine mounts, maybe the whole engine plus cross member (doing a half-trac), another $400. A salvage yard will probably give you 200 for the rest of it. At that point you're only out a few hundred bucks plus whatever you paid for towing it if you decide it isn't worth making a project out of it.

As an aside I've now owned two 5th gen and a 7th gen and they've *all* been hit right there.

are you talking about this one?

if so, i ended up picking up this car. car is not to bad of shape, full interior, completely stock motor, all it had was a siezed fuel pump. 4gen 3sgte is going into it anyways so motor was not a problem to me. coilovers as well so the stock cut springs and struts are going bye bye. not to mention, i also own a rare original turbo hardtop mr2 as well!

88gt4DE

No sunroof on mine or my brothers. Both 165's If mine had one I wouldn't have bought it. I hate sunroofs ...

Chidler

as far as Toyota's go in the uk if it has a sunroof it IS a standard UK model. All Celica st205 GT4s that came without sunroofs were from Japan.