transfer case actuator

JDMSD1

Tell me about what the actuater does on this RC trans?
Explain it's operation please.
USDM all trac trans doesn't have it.

Attachments

• 1454073994179.jpg
    1454073994179.jpg
    974.5 KB · Views: 3,618

CMS-GT4

AFAIK, that rear diff in the lexus is the same as the rav4, which is the same PN as the alltrac. Also, I think they are all open in the rav4, but there was a trd option which was the same option for us.

underscore

That selector changes the mode of the trans for the purposes of dyno testing on a 2WD dyno. The USDM Alltrac trans should have it, unless it was swapped for a 205 trans at some point (which doesn't have the selector).

JDMSD1

Are you sure?
If it's a selector,how do you switch it?
Are you sure if it doesn't have it it's a st 205?
If your right,I have an st205 trans also here.
Are you sure?

mx6er2587

ST205 trans will not have the selector. All 185s should have it. Selector is engaged by loosening the bolt, pushing the selector to the other side and re-tightening.

underscore

You remove the bolt, move the lever, and reinstall the bolt. There's a few posts on here about FWD/2WD mode, how it works and how they can be used. Yes I'm sure because I've seen the BGB diagrams explaining it (which are also on here somewhere) and I've used it myself to dyno my 1991 GTFour RC.

JDMSD1

One trans I got from a 185 RC swap.
The other came in trade from a guy who claimed it was a caldina trans,but nope,has speedo cable.
He got it w a 4th gem motor from someone,he said,but I think he scored at junkyard.he was a poser with a 98 fwd,mickey mouse car.
Who knows.i assumed it was a USDM all trac transmission.im selling it for $550.
I'm using the RC trans for the higher final drive ratio.

underscore

As I recall you can swap the cable speedo onto the 205 trans, I'm not sure about the 215. Someone could have swapped on a housing without the selector but I have no idea why, they only real way to be 100% sure of what you have is to open it up and start counting teeth.