Swift Springs for BC Coilover advice

Dave91alltrac

Good Morning all.
My 91 Alltrac's shocks were gone. I had BC BR Series Coilovers installed and the cornering is amazing. However, the ride is really harsh. What would you advise on swift springs? I'd like to get it done, but I want to make sure I get it right. This is the last correction until paint next month!

Thanks for the feedback!

~Dave

Corey

Hello,

I also have BC coilovers with 6kg front and rear springs. If I eventually go for swift upgrade, im personally going to get them revalved to properly support 4kg or 5 kg springs. Im not sure which spring u have now, but I find 6kg is a bit too harsh.

Dave91alltrac

Thank you Corey. I appreciate the feedback. I'm having the Celica painted right now and when I get it back, I'm going to have some suspension folks take a good look and see what we can do. Once it's painted, the only thing I'll want perfected is the ride. Then...this is my baby for life! :)

Thanks again!

~Dave

Magroo

Tire size can be important when choosing spring rates.

I'm running 205/55/16(cause I'm lazy and it's the same size as my Subaru) tires with bc coil overs and 8kg/4kg Swift springs. Although the ride is firm, I find it's much better than the stock bc springs. I have the damping set about 4 clicks up from softest.

You may have to play with tire pressures and make sure everything is up to operating temp before you can make a good judgement call.

Over the years I've noticed it takes a good hour of driving to get my Subaru settled in, same goes for my Alltrac.

CMS-GT4

I have different coilovers but swift springs. I run 8kg front 7kg rear. Car is compliant, but responsive. Rear is pretty well controlled being somewhat close to the front spring rates.

HiuBin

I am also on the fence. For 350$ it seems a worthwhile upgrade. Stock BC Spring ride is a little too harsh for me. I'd like something more compliant. 8KG/5KG is what came stock on mine I believe, So I might do 6/4. A rep at BC told me the valving on BC shocks is good for 2KG up or down from the spring rate they're valved for. (so it won't be very different using a 6KG on a 8KG-valved shock, or 10KG)