Picking a ST205

5speedGT4

Curious on your thoughts here - I'm looking at picking a st205 and I have two great options. Both are high quality cars but one is a bone stock WRC model, and one is a lightly modded (in my taste) non-wrc. Both are within a thousand dollars of eachother (non-wrc is cheaper). Which would you go with?

I plan to 'use' the car for autocrossing at minimum and probably will tinker with it. I am leaning towards the non-wrc because I'd hate to screw with a WRC model, but a part of me feels like i ought to get a wrc since I plan to own this long term.

What would you all do?

underscore

Depends on what changes you want to make to it. If you're keeping it mostly stock may as well grab the WRC if everything else is basically the same. If you're planning to heavily modify it get a standard one.

How do the auction sheets for both cars compare?

Izzy.mario1

I own a WRC st205 mint condition. My advice is get the non WRC if you're looking to autocross it. My plan originally was to buy a GT4 to rally cross it. Once I got it it was so mint and the value of WRCs are going to hold up that I barely want to drive it kind of sad because it's such a great car but I can't stand the thought of getting a ding on it.

5speedGT4

Izzy.mario1":2uddisvg said:
I own a WRC st205 mint condition. My advice is get the non WRC if you're looking to autocross it. My plan originally was to buy a GT4 to rally cross it. Once I got it it was so mint and the value of WRCs are going to hold up that I barely want to drive it kind of sad because it's such a great car but I can't stand the thought of getting a ding on it.
Thanks for posting thi sman - honestly, it did have an effect on my chosing a car. I was looking at a low milage WRC, and actually saved some bucks and went for a bit higher milage (100k miles) non-wrc that was a perfect driving stock car that is really clean.... but not one i need to feel bad about driving. :D