Combination switch

Boosted185

Does anyone know if I can use a combo switch from a different car on my st185? Mines been damaged and need new one. From what I’ve seen sw20’s have the same control on wiper/turn signal arms just not sure if the harness will plug into the one on the st185

Boosted185":3owqr80p said:
Does anyone know if I can use a combo switch from a different car on my st185? Mines been damaged and need new one. From what I’ve seen sw20’s have the same control on wiper/turn signal arms just not sure if the harness will plug into the one on the st185
From what I can see, any 5th Gen Celica "hatchback" would have the same combination switch assembly, so a GT hatchback, any GT-S, and (of course) any All-Trac. No other Toyota model cars has exactly the same setup. The only thing I'm not sure of is if all 5th Gen Celica GT hatchbacks had rear hatch window wipers and washers (which this combination switch assembly would have). 5th Gen Celica GT-S's for sure are the same.

Why are you asking?

There are at least two 5th Gen Celica GT hatchbacks in the salvage yard close by me. I just never checked if they had rear hatch window wipers & washers though. If they did, they would be sources for used replacement.

Boosted185

It’s for a jdm car so the signal and wiper arms are swapped compared to a usdm car so I might have to get one from Australia/Europe, if their the same on a sw20 I could probably find a part out as there really aren’t a lot of gtfours up here in Canada. I had a rat get into my car and chew them basically unrecognizable

Boosted185":14edsmte said:
It’s for a jdm car so the signal and wiper arms are swapped compared to a usdm car so I might have to get one from Australia/Europe, if their the same on a sw20 I could probably find a part out as there really aren’t a lot of gtfours up here in Canada. I had a rat get into my car and chew them basically unrecognizable
The RHD Turn Signal Switch assemblies between JDM and Europe are not the same on the ST185. There are actually 4 separate part numbers for the JDM version on an ST185 - but the differences in my parts reference are stated in Japanese so I can't understand what the 4 differences are. But none of the 4 JDM part numbers match up with the 2 part numbers for RHD ST185's in Europe. Australia RHD ST185's have 2 different part numbers, and one of the two match up with 1 of the 4 for the JDM ST185's. That common part number is 84310-2G300. For Australia, that part number states for 1990 models only.

Good luck on this!

Boosted185

Found it and sadly ya they do change by country, the Japanese one I need is 84310-2G290. Found it on two sites and looks like it’s going to cost 450-500$ CAD which is just stupid but it’s an essential thing so I guess I’m gonna have to do it.