E154 removal from engine

Boosted185

I’m picking up an e154F this weekend and i was wondering if anyone can tell me what tools I’ll need to remove it from the motor( motor and trans are out of car) Ive dropped the one out of my st185 so I know it’s pretty easy but just wanting to make sure there’s not something odd or unique on the st205 one before I drive 3.5hours to go get it

r-town

I don't know if the other members have encountered this, or may be I don't have the best tools, but I have separated both, st185 and st205 transmissions from their respective motors, and there is this pesky bolt that none of my ratchet wrenches or breaker bars cleared. On the st185, I stripped the bolt, so I had to chisel it out. On the st205 I learned from my mistakes, and used a 6 point spanner + piece of pipe.

As for the removal, abeans pretty much sums it up. I grabbed one of those movers blanket from harbor freight and careful placed engine on its side (crank pulley facing the ground), and used a hoist to slowly lift the tranny. As you lift the tranny, you twist and pull until it separates.

Alternately, I have also removed the tranny by lifting the engine with a hoist and placing it on a pallet and give it just enough height for a pull and twist motion on the tranny side.

Had no issues doing by my self, although a pair of hands always comes handy.