Improving the page

Find out what's happening

Re: Improving the page

Postby simple » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Using Tapatalk makes it pretty easy to use this site. I truly hope an alternative to FB comes along soon.
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
simple
Club Member

Postby scandinavian link » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:44 pm

Chalk me up as another who prefers the forum to Facebook. I'm not sure there's much to do about the lack of traffic, since so many people are just on facebook anyway and so they prefer to use it. I'm also not sure if there's anything to do about the fragmented nature of the community on Facebook. I'm just recently finding all those groups. It does seem a mess.

I feel like the forum is better for archiving, and for that matter it also is better for more in-depth discussion, long-term builds, etc.

This old phpBB could be better though. I'm not sure if there are decent extensions for phpbb anymore, or if it really just needs converted to a new platform. I also realize this site probably isn't making tons of $ for the owner, and phpbb is free.

Another forum I've been a part of for many years is ShenmueDojo.com (video game). A couple years or so ago they migrated to a new provider using XenForo, which from a brief bit of research looks to have tools for migrating users/posts/etc. from phpBB.

I have no clue who owns or operates this site these days though. I will say, I'm glad it even still exists. But it would be nice if we can find some ways to spruce the place up.
bryan kitsune
2013 zn6 (sold), 2000 zzt231 (sold), 1988 st165 (sold), 1990 st185 (brother's...also sold), 1987 ae86 (sold), 1991 sw20 (sold) What a depressing list.
scandinavian link
Club Member

Postby simple » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:57 pm

I find this forum is easier to use with Tapatalk app. $1 a month and it is ad-free. Some photos don't show up due to hosting but otherwise great. Facebook user interface is a jumbled mess and there is no way to pay to be ad-free. For that reason alone I'll never use it.
simple
Club Member

Postby Roreri » Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:48 pm

My ex-wife tried to connect with me on Facebook in 2009. I never went back. I'll be here.
Roreri
Club Member

Previous

Return to Forum News