New features

toayoztan

Gary ST165":o4os87xc said:
but i would ask you to re-index the search as i don't know if google cannot replace the phpBB search features, like search by author, 1st post , search title etc > unless you can teach us how to get better results please

thanks in advance

Gary

Ditto. This is what I loved about the previous search. I could easily scan the threads for a particular forum.

Bryan

Tommy

The search still exists. It is preferable for people to use the google search since that sucks up a lot less server resources.

The old search is still here: http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/search.php

The search database re-indexes on its own, so it will continually get better over time.

Gary ST165

Tommy":gomzokuh said:
Gary ST165":gomzokuh said:
by alltrac.net » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:29 am
alltrac.net":gomzokuh said:
After an upgrade, it takes a few days for active topics to work. Basically, they aren't active yet.

I got a message saying the board was being updated earlier today... so any news or plans to make use of the view active topics function ? : search.php?search_id=active_topics

Just enabled this feature. Should be working soon. Try going back further than 7 days for now to see active topics.

try this....

phpbb_display_active_topics.jpg

I'm not teaching you to suck eggs, but have you checked that active topics is highlighted on every forum / subforum.

kind regards

:smokes: