Newsletter

CMS-GT4

Maybe this site needs a newsletter like the MR2 site has. Something to help drive forum activity and keep people in the loop of group buys and such. I think it would be good for the site.

CMS-GT4

Maybe we can rotate members. I think just a list of hot topics maybe a featured build and info on group buys. The admin likely has to use te forum software to send them out.

Hotrodhendrix

I think the problem is a large portion of the active members have gone to social media groups. Just easier to keep up with. Maybe alltrac.net facebook group lol

~James

CMS-GT4

Your right, especially since we had not heard from the admin on the subject. The only issue there are quite a few alltrac/gt4 groups but they are hardly active. The private 5th gen group is very active but you have to do some post filtering there for the good stuff.

zaluss

CMS-GT4":2369zq35 said:
Your right, especially since we had not heard from the admin on the subject. The only issue there are quite a few alltrac/gt4 groups but they are hardly active. The private 5th gen group is very active but you have to do some post filtering there for the good stuff.

I have noticed a trend across a lot of enthusiast sites to move to Facebook groups. Its easier to get attention, follow up, and create events. That being said, I found st162.net to be fairly active for 4th gen. PNW All-Trac is is so so in terms of activity.

pwadm

Administrator
Staff member
There is a number of issues raised in the discussion. Having a regular newsletter, but also a way to create events, and a better way to stay in touch. I am travelling right now, but will look into it when I return (end of April). A Facebook group could be an answer, but we can also explore upgrading the forum software. The newsletter can be sent out from the forum - please PM me if you want to help writing it.