Filling the Transmission with oil.

freddie

I need to fill my 165 transmission with oil, but for the life of me, I cannot find in the owners hand book or the
manual where do you fill it? There is a removable plug on the front of the transmission with the inscription
"See manual before removing" Is that it? Or do you remove the top vent plug?

The big book tells me how much oil is needed but not where to put it. Could somebody help me out here please.

By the way I agree with Sefiroxx's post. But a cross reference of parts from other Toyota models that are in common
with our cars would be handy. Like some Camry parts are the same, Landcruiers Turbo's, Some Tarargo suspension bushes
are the same, many alternators are the same (just different plugs) and so on.

Cheers
I

80's Kid

For the ST185, it's on the underside of the car. There is a plug that you unscrew, just make sure you have a pan ready to catch it. I'm not sure if it would be any different on yours. My Celica took around 5 liters of oil by the way.

FC Zach

freddie":2bqrsvsm said:
There is a removable plug on the front of the transmission with the inscription
"See manual before removing" Is that it?

That's it, remove that and fill from there (with the car level) until oil drips from the hole.

freddie":2bqrsvsm said:
Or do you remove the top vent plug?

Alternatively, you could fill from another location but you need to remove the "fill" plug in order to add the correct amount so you may as well fill from there, unless it's easier to access the top.