post your cars and location!

QIK_GT4

HELLO heres my jdm st185 in sydney

PICT0011.JPG

applor

hey QIK_GT4,

It has 94,000 km's on the clock, but the reason it looks in top condition is because I just had it resprayed - Its an import from Japan and the paintwork was bad enough it needed a respray.
Your GT-4 looks nice as well, I wanted to get my colour change to black actually but the guy had already bought its stock colour (dark khaki) so it didn't happen.
One of the biggest pains has been the door corner tweeter covers, when I got the car they had fallen off. They seem to have warped and I've sealed them back in with silastic, does the job but doesn't look the best:(
I've done a few things to it, new battery, K&N air filter, new rubber, new antenna, respray, boost controller and I have these ready to do: oil temp/boost guages, HKS TT, HKS SSQV BoV, alarm system and I want to move the battery and go a straight air intake with air pod - so if you want a K&N air filter for your 185 let me know and I'll sell it cheap. They're the best you can buy, like double the airflow. You'll never need to get a new filter coz you can wash them out and put em back in.

QIK_GT4

yeah man ive been looking around for a cheap K & N pannel replacement how much can you get it for? oh oh oh the tweeter covers i had the same problem lol mine were ripped off during quarinetee but mine are now fixed with screws and i think i did a pretty good job heres a pic

picture00298.jpg

yeah mine got resprayed too by some dickheads in japan they did a half assed job leaving me with a few runs and dust in the paint they even went over the gt4 sticker on the side

QIK_GT4

hey applor

you know the tweeter covers.. well heres what i did i drilled a hole through the plastic for the screw (in the position where the original plastic clips were you knwo the ones that clip the cover back on to the door)

then on the metal bracket holding the tweeter u know that D shaped hole well I stuck one of those speed clip* things on it coz the D shaped hole was too big for the screw i had. and then i screwed the screw through the tweeter cover and into the clips took me about 30 mins to figue it out and 10 mins to do it..

hey my dash is frigen wrapped and I need to silicon it back on! how is yours?

speed clip* : u know those things u get when u buy speakers that allow u to clip them on the surface and drive the screw into them well them things
UCLIP1.jpg

Gary

If you want a K&N, I have a used one.
It's on the car for less than 4000 miles.
$25 plus shipping
3320300dq.jpg

Shipping to Australia will own you :D

QIK_GT4

yeah shipping will be a bitch, thats why i need to know how much applor can sell me his one for...

well applor how much? and what condition is it in?

GTFao

Hi all. I'm down in Melbourne, which is bloody cold at the moment. I bought myself a GT4 late last year, and I've been pertty damn happy with it. Spent lots on it since including a new engine, 3 inch turbo to tip exhaust with stainless Lukey muffler n Hi-flo Cat, $2000 worth of stereo and i've been slowly doing the interior to my liking, including a 2000 model celica short shifter with autotechnika knob and steering wheel. It's my temperamental baby :doh: :shock:

Attachments

• Sillycar.jpg
    Sillycar.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 91

applor

Hello GTFao, sounds like a mean GT-4 you've got happening there. how much did it cost you for the full 3" exhaust?

Gary: what, you can't find anyone in your giant country to sell yours to? :p Its hard to compete against the US because everything is sooo cheap over there.

QIK_GT4: Well I guess I have to match Gary's price, which is $50US converted to AU $65 inc. shipping. Mines seen maybe 1000km's, cost me AU $140... If you can wait a week or so, its yours.

GTFao

Hey all,

Applor: The whole system cost me $600 AUD, it was custom made w/ Mandrel Bends. The Lukey muffler cost me another $400 but deffinately looks great. It's 3 inch in and twin square 3 inch out, sorta like an Audi or Bmw.

BTW did the image I posted even appear here? It was weird, i sent the image n all n I don't think anythin happened? Anyone got any ideas?