Post up your wheels.

SuperWhite92

syko says":2rqrvh86 said:
SuperWhite92":2rqrvh86 said:
alltrac7":2rqrvh86 said:
does anyone actually sell hood spacers for an st185?

Home depot sells them in the form of bolts and washers.

lol, thats funny. but what really is the point of making the hood raised like that?

Some people do it for looks, In Josh's case, we're trying to get a bit of extra clearance and some heat dissipation for the intercooler core.

Kyoto

If i had an ST165, I'd be putting Buddy Club P1's on it...

Oh wait, i do an ST165...and Buddy Club P1's....i should pull my finger out and do something with them!

If i had to buy another wheel, it would be the Volk TE-37 (also in white) every day of the week.

Denver_whiteST185

shaun, did josh put your old alltrac badge on his car...

BTW, both of you guys make me want to get some tires for my wheels and put them on....

SuperWhite92

Denver_whiteST185":24cptztf said:

BTW, both of you guys make me want to get some tires for my wheels and put them on....

nah, that's off that alltrac that was at Colorado Salvage a few months ago.

theUNYTEDone

those 3 spoker volks are straight up beautiful! i wonder how they would look on our car...how much did you pick them up for? i want them! haha...

i LOVE that color scheme...i'm thinking that i'm going to do that with my circlars (keep the polished lip and powdercoat the spokes black)...

smog7

syko says":36z6uj8c said:
SuperWhite92":36z6uj8c said:
alltrac7":36z6uj8c said:

lol, thats funny. but what really is the point of making the hood raised like that?
wouldnt it help out would the heat soak problem of the stock ic?

illGT4

theUNYTEDone":dx8izhoq said:
those 3 spoker volks are straight up beautiful! i wonder how they would look on our car...how much did you pick them up for? i want them! haha...

C-Ultra. Very rare in a 5x100. Real group C wheel from '94-'95. You'll seem them on my ST185 soon enough. 8)

(actually, they'll be on the RC before the White ST185 possibly... so.. I'll keep ya posted.

illGT4

celicaGTS_T":28a8aocz said:
Eyy, how much do the FNO1r-c's cost for our cars? I'm in the market for a set-up instead of the OEM rims.

If you are interested, shoot me a PM.. I can do a little under $200 each.

illGT4

alltrac7":2dw591jz said:
syko says":2dw591jz said:
SuperWhite92":2dw591jz said:
alltrac7":2dw591jz said:

wouldnt it help out would the heat soak problem of the stock ic?

Besides clearence; it would def. expel under hood heat.

at3619

SuperWhite92":1feerv1k said:
Denver_whiteST185":1feerv1k said:

nah, that's off that alltrac that was at Colorado Salvage a few months ago.
It came from that very junk yard, but it's off a camry all trac. I liked it, so i took it. Its slightly different from the 185 badge, but not noticable enough to see in the pic. I decided to just put that on instead of rebadging with a stock st165 sticker( I bought my car debadged)

Cost effective and different

syko says":1feerv1k said:
My underhood temps dropped dramatically. and the coolant temp dropped 10 degrees C while moving

SuperWhite92

at3619":3pirv0xx said:
syko says":3pirv0xx said:
My underhood temps dropped dramatically. and the coolant temp dropped 10 degrees C while moving

Just an example of how a lot of super japanese styling originated from function over form.

The sleepy eyes are to get more airflow through the engine as well, especially in the drifter world, where they don't get direct flow to the radiator like in a straight line.

at3619

alltrac7":fe3i143v said:
has anyone with an st185 ever tried to raise their hood? im very interested in doing it...
If you do so you will need to figure out how to raise the ducting for your tm air-air intercooler as well so it continues to have a tight seal around the ic. As far as actually blocking the hood, all you have to do in put washers (more or less washers for desired height) in between your hood and the hood hinges with longer bolts and adjust the hood accordingly. Its really easy. Dont wast your money on an aftermarket kit to block your hood... It took me 20 min and a bunch of hardware i had lying around from my swap

smog7

this is getting off topic, but on my car the duct, seal thing that goes over the ic while the hood is closed, has some tears in it.... should i be worried?

theUNYTEDone

alltrac7":2cgk2gev said:
this is getting off topic, but on my car the duct, seal thing that goes over the ic while the hood is closed, has some tears in it.... should i be worried?

no, mine is completely gone...granted i DO have an FMIC, but even when i was with the TMIH, it didn't make much difference at all...course there'll be heatsoak, its on top!

sims

In the shade, in the Sun, and at a distance.

wheel800.jpg

sun800.jpg

exhaust1800.jpg