Update + new mods \0/

Meurz

Before:

dash.jpg

After:

dash2.jpg

OMG why are my plans never bolt-on! OEM DINpocket fits directly, but showed a 3 mm gap above itself.. So I modified the brackets behind the pannel. Because of that the headunit didn't fit anymore so I had to take them out again.. The cupholder didn't fit below the radio as I suspected so a custom mini blanking plate was needed too.. A few days of work but the result's clean!

I bought the new headunit because I hate Philips but more importantly to match the HKS timer and fancontroller (of which I only connected the power supply so far, hence the screen is semi blank):

dash3.jpg

TRD knob installed:

trdknob2.jpg

Now all I need is a nice shortshifter to finish that part of the interior 8)

Toxygene

Meurz":3sgspvac said:
The interior is coming together nicely, almost finished now:

Center console work in progress:

New OEM radio pannel to replace the melted old one:

radiopannels.jpg

HKS goodness next to the OEM DIN pocket I also bought:

hks.jpg

Fitted:

dinpocket.jpg

Another change of plans though; the pocket fits very nice in the new pannel, though with the new radio below, I don't have enough space for the cup holder I was planning to re-install. Thinking about using the old blanking plate to make a custom smaller version.

When my new radiator shows up I can start the engine (bay) work.

Can you please explain to me how you removed the cigarette lighter piece. I have a replacement bezel as well and I can't seem to figure out how to remove the cigarette piece.

Thanks!

Meurz

I had a lot of problems getting it out too.

The easy part was getting the big black cap off (it's clicked in place, easy to take off). Then you can turn the light bulb part to get it out as well as the black little cap below.

Next up, pushing as hard as you can (on the rear of the lighter harness) to slide the metal cylinder out. Once that's out you can wiggle the white stay out.

New radiator arrived too: 'Custom' Golpher. Since the ones I've see so far are higher than stock I sent them the exact OEM sizes. Rad cap had some water on the inside as well as the filler neck so I guess they test them individual before they ship out? Nice.

golpherrad.jpg

golpherrad2.jpg

C-E-L-I-C-A

Hi Meurz,

Nice lower arm strut bar. How much did you pay for it? Have you installed it yet? Any improvement in terms of handling? You might need to consider getting the mid range & rear strut bars as well to balance up the car.

Otherwise, it might be over / under steer the car...

I plan to grab one for mine as well soon.

Meurz":28hmfoc4 said:
Cusco Lower arm bar type 2:
cuscobar.jpg

Meurz

Thanks Nigel / Darthripley :)

Hello Mr Thailand. Thai-aaaaaiiight? :p :oops:

The Cusco bar isn't installed yet; I'll fit my Aussie dp first.
I'm going to add 3 C-One units on the rear :wink:
I bought it at RHDJapan, reasonable priced.

C-E-L-I-C-A

Thanks Meurz. Yeah... all the way... greetings from Thailand!

I am not Thai, but just got posted here for work about 1.5 years already... :cry:

C-One rear strut? cool! Don't forget to post some photos, ya.

Would love to see how it turns out to be.

Toxygene

Hey if I call up Golpher can I tell them I want the same specs as Rene will they know who and what I'm talking about? haha :lol:

Meurz

Toxygene":abc78fy7 said:
Hey if I call up Golpher can I tell them I want the same specs as Rene will they know who and what I'm talking about? haha :lol:
Hehe, I'm sure if you e-mail them referring to the special size radiator that went to Holland about a week ago they'll be able to make you another one? Airway bil no. on my invoice is 1800937751.

Denver, I remember Goldfish using an ORC clutch as well, did he go mental on his dash then? Can't remember.. :(

Nigel, they work over here.. :shrug:

Denver_whiteST185

Meurz":z1reyenj said:
Denver, I remember Goldfish using an ORC clutch as well, did he go mental on his dash then? Can't remember.. :(

your work is great on your car, so dont take this in a bad way, but goldfish's was a work of art. He hand laid two angled fiberglass cutouts for his defi bf amber gauges, custom molded in a boost controller, a turbo timer, and a very nice deck, and finished it off by wrapping it in black leather. It looked perfect like it was suppose to be there. He also did alot more interior work, exterior work, engine work, etc. He disappeared awhile back. I wonder what happened to him.

Denver_whiteST185

Conan":1duthp79 said:
Denver_whiteST185":1duthp79 said:
I wonder what happened to him.
I hear he was abducted by aliens :D

actually, i remember. He bought a cts-v and realized that newer cars arent as hard to take care of.

unless someone has pictures saved somewhere (gary?) then no. He use to have a website, but its been down for awhile.

GT4RC

damn, I'm really into custom interior work, so long as it looks like it belongs there. If i had the money, my whole dash, seats, and headliner would get wrapped in black leather with red stitching.