What i did the last 2 years? (little Update, Page 3)

LegacyofDan

Celica Turbo":1qe0npg2 said:
Thanks for your comments!

etantshi":1qe0npg2 said:
You def have some nice parts. You have a better pic of that brake master cyl stopper?

No, not this time. The brake master cylinder stopper is designed for the ST185 and ST205. He has different holes to fit in the ST185 and ST205 engine bay, but its designed for RHD GT-Fours.

My ST165 engine bay get new color an i can drill new holes or something.

Meurz":1qe0npg2 said:
klue":1qe0npg2 said:
Just because he is buying a bunch of jdm parts does not make his car any better than anyone else, nor does it mean he has cut less corners lol
Hence I said 'in my book', of course you can build a nice car with non JDM parts too. I know Stefan is building his car as JDM as possible hence no cutting corners.. ALL parts are JDM, I'm loving it! 8)

Thanks René, that`s right. The plan is to build the car completly with JDM parts.

Denver_whiteST185":1qe0npg2 said:
What gen engine do you have in your car?

the reason i ask is that some things like that C-One exhaust manifold are for ST165/ST185's, but that SARD fuel rail is for a ST205

Very nice though. i love the look of that exhaust manifold.

I build a new GEN3 engine from an ST205 next year. I plan to use all parts from the GEN3 3S-GT with a new GEN4 engine block from the Caldina.

The exhaust manifold is for the GEN3 3S-GT from the ST205 or MR2 Turbo

best regards

Celica Turbo

j/w but arn't the 3S-GT and 3S-GTE different motors?...and the i was not aware that any MR2 or ST205 ever came with a "3S-GT"....hense my question, maybe i may be ignorant of some fact that everyone knows and not me, or maybe it was a typo, but do u have a 3S-GT motor? and if so do u have pics? and granted i know of the 3S-GT motor cuz of wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_S_engine

and being a Le Mans motor, that has really sparked alot of interest in me, how the hell did u get ur hands on a Le Mans motor? then again this could all be a typo...or wikipedia's information could be false...either way i have to ask lol.

but with that put aside, very nice compilation of parts that you have got there!! :)

I believe you are refering to the 3sgte and the 3sge.... which are slightly different(ie, pistion oil squirters,comp ratio,cams,etc). the lemans motor is the s503 which is completely different and doesnt fit in our front drive application.

LegacyofDan

eric thompson":d7qxlsob said:
I believe you are refering to the 3sgte and the 3sge.... which are slightly different(ie, pistion oil squirters,comp ratio,cams,etc). the lemans motor is the s503 which is completely different and doesnt fit in our front drive application.

oh i know, but he said 3sgt...and sorry some times i'm very keen to detail. but i'm very much aware of the differences amongst the 3s-ge and the 3sgte motors....

but he stated 3S-GT, hence my question.

and like i stated its more than likly a typo, but i just figured i would ask.

and one i dont see why a 2.2 liter can fit in the motor bay?

and what do u you mean by your choice of words when you say "front drive application"....one we have AWD car, with the motor mounted in the front...now granted alot of the Le Mans type of race cars tend to be mid mounted motors, but i dont see why someone can not custom fabe something to make them the said motor fit.

I apologize if i come off bad, or in a defensive manor. Just wondering thats all :)

our engine setup is transverse(like a front drive). the s503 has the flywheel on the opposite side in reference to its rotation. if the motor were turned to mate the flywheel to our trans it would be rotationg in the wrong direction.

darthripley

Dan - overseas in Europe & Japan the 3s-gte is commonly referred to as a 3s-gt dropping the "e"
Most Japanese parts like those from Jun, HKS etc say 3s-gt on the package.
this is also done with other motors like the 4age which is just the 4ag & 4agz.

LegacyofDan

eric thompson":2rssxkj6 said:
our engine setup is transverse(like a front drive). the s503 has the flywheel on the opposite side in reference to its rotation. if the motor were turned to mate the flywheel to our trans it would be rotationg in the wrong direction.

oh i see your point now.

darthripley":2rssxkj6 said:
Dan - overseas in Europe & Japan the 3s-gte is commonly referred to as a 3s-gt dropping the "e"
Most Japanese parts like those from Jun, HKS etc say 3s-gt on the package.
this is also done with other motors like the 4age which is just the 4ag & 4agz.

ah!! okay, and yeah it even says that on the ECU's...now that makes a whole lot of sense to me now, and answers alot of questions. silly me. :oops: ...thank you guys for bearing with me. :)

Terracar

Nice collection of parts. I have always preferred function over form so much of it is lost on me.

The one question that did pop up is... how practical is the JDM oil filter? Each oil change you have to import a new one?

Either way do not let my views interfere - you have an awesome vision good luck with it. Would hate to be the magazine that has to print the parts list though - think it would take up 4 pages.

-Terracar

MWP

Sounds like someone has too many $$s and little sense.

"WEDS SPORT Revwire Muffler Earthing".... LOL really?
How much did that snake oil cost you?

Im sure itll end up being a nice car, but your buying name branded crap that you dont need.

klue

Hey bud any chance of some pics of that master cylinder brace? Im trying to make one.
what about the brake boost support tank?

Great progress