Mustang vs Competition

st185rc

our cars were dirt borne, not tarmac borne. put any of those cars on a rally course and i guarantee that the st165 will be far superior

suprakid95

95% of alltrac owners never let their car see dirt, the only dirt most of our cars see is the dirt that builds up during down time on them.

___Scott___

suprakid95":1u7995z2 said:
95% of alltrac owners never let their car see dirt
That's probably true, but re-run that test in a snow storm, complete with icy roads and see which one comes out on top.

If I only drove on roads comparable to the tracks they tested on, I wouldn't own an All-Trac.

suprakid95

I'm just trying to say everyone is always saying if only it was on snow or dirt but realistically almost no one runs their cars on any rally course, yes i give props to GT-Fours for doing what they did in the WRC, yes i give them props for being rare and even how the factory ones perform off road. but honestly most of us would never put our cars threw those treacherous conditions instead we run them on roads roads like they did the tests on. some say its because they are rare, and for some a rally track is just not close enough. but thats not what the test was about it was about bang for the buck and our cars performed pretty poorly and for good reason.

don't get me wrong i own an alltrac have so for the past 5 years and wouldn't imagine ever selling/trading it for anything not even a million dollars. its just most of the members think our cars are better then they really are.

love is unexplainable but at the same time i do realize our cars aren't the best out there now, and they certainly weren't the best back then.

___Scott___

suprakid95":1z8ktumx said:
our cars aren't the best out there now, and they certainly weren't the best back then.
It depends on how you define "best." In that test, clearly an ST165 was not to car for the job. But for me, it's the perfect car for the job... getting me to and from work no matter what the weather conditions.

Edit:

Most of you have seen me post this pic before, but it's for days like this that I own an All-Trac.
DriftLookingOut.jpg

gpmarzan

suprakid95":2anh5iod said:
don't get me wrong i own an alltrac have so for the past 5 years and wouldn't imagine ever selling/trading it for anything not even a million dollars. .

Hell, I'll even drive my trac across the country to deliver it for a million dollars. I'll throw in my wifes nissan sentra too. :twisted: :p

suprakid95

i have sentimental attachments and went threw a lot to get mine....so money is of no value for it. I'd only give it up if a family member was in trouble and i had to get rid of it to save them or something along those lines.

Toxygene

suprakid95":31pb8ny0 said:
i have sentimental attachments and went threw a lot to get mine....so money is of no value for it. I'd only give it up if a family member was in trouble and i had to get rid of it to save them or something along those lines.

I'm with you! Hell, even my wife understands how rare and wonderful this car is. Believe it or not it was one of my first "Dream Cars".