Dope gt four video thread

MWP

Yeah, its a great series. They run about 5 OzGymkhanas a year.
Ive been taking photos at ozgym events for ~4yrs now, but this is the first time ive entered.

You get 5-6 runs on a day, with each run being a different course so having good memory is important (bad for me, i stick the map on the dash).
Times are cumulative for the day. Going the wrong way gets you a WD time (slowest time + 5sec) and hitting a cone/bollard is a 5sec penalty, so getting the course right is far more important than being fast.

I won a trophy for fastest in class... i was the only one in the "Modified 4WD over 3500cc" class :lol:
Forced induction engines have a 1.7 cc multiplier, so:
3SGTE = 1998cc * 1.7 = 3396cc
5SGTE = 2164cc * 1.7 = 3679cc

CMS-GT4

I used to do the same thing when I autox. My memory isn't great, and I would make my own HUD map to run the course. In my current location the SCCA draws the whole course with white lines making lanes. It was so much more fun than having to memorize the runs where I used to race. I could focus more on turning faster.

MWP

Yeah, that would be nice.

This OzGymkhana is designed to be a half way between a motorkhana and a A->B sprint.
It runs under the CAMS (Confederation of Aus Motorsport = Aus version of the FIA & supplies event insurance) Khanacross rules, so it also must have start & stop garages (no flying finish).

CMS-GT4

Time for a external handbrake I think. I noticed how the car rotates with some effort. Do you attribute that to the suspension or to the power?

MWP

Thanks warracer. There is a great variety of cars entered.
The WRX's normally take out the tops spots (the top guys put a lot of $$s into those cars).
Interestingly (and awesomely too) a stock Toyota 86 actually won the event. Its the perfect kind of race for a 86.

The car very much needs a hydraulic handbrake.
The times when it did rotate well were when the handbrake did work.

Another celica gloriously resurrected from the dead!
From trash to flash! Haha jk

It's funny I remember watching this episode when it came out, ha good times!