Post your Daily Driver

smog7

towels, how do you like the s2000? how is it compared to your all trac?

were you specifically looking for an 03?

UtahSleeper

My current DD is a 91 GT. Hope to be replaced by a LS400 in the coming year.
current001.JPG

WarTowels

smog7":tjf0hrxf said:
towels, how do you like the s2000? how is it compared to your all trac?

were you specifically looking for an 03?

Car and Driver has it on the list of top 10 cars to drive before you die.

So, yeah, it's pretty decent.

To brag:

It's the highest horse power NA engine per liter.
Until the LF-A it was the highest revving engine ever put in a production car, I think they may be tied now.
50/50 weight balance.
Approx. 2800lb
Rear Torsen LSD is standard.

I love it. It's got a great sound to it with an HKS silent hi-power, the looks are to die for, the interior is extremely well done and everything feels well thought out and very high quality- except the sound system. That's my only complaint.

I drive it like a bat out of hell, and I get 18mpg which isn't terrible I suppose. But 30mpg is do-able if your reasonable. The road feel and response are incredible- compared to the All-trac there is no comparison. You would need a rather modified Trac to come close.

Plus it's a convertible with a power top - slick.

Great car for the money, more cars should strive to be this good in this price range. It's got a good size trunk too, but interior space is next to nothing. If you >6 foot you probably won't like the car.

And yes, I specifically sought out the 2003. In 2004+ they changed the engine to a 2.2L and lowered the rev limit by 1000rpm. Also they redid the interior, and I dislike the updated interior. Also, in 02' they "improved" the sound system... I can't imagine it was much of an improvement. In addition, and most importantly in 2003 the rear window became glass instead of plastic. In Maine's cold and harsh environment, plastic rear windows are known to crack rather easily.

EDIT:

Almost forget. This baby has absolute positively no torque down low. It's really quite rubbish in the 1,000 to 3,000 range. And even a bit above that it's rather pitiful. But that's just Honda, and this type of engine. High HP, low torque. The All-trac DESTROYS the s2k in that respect.

-Towels

smog7

thanks for the insight towels.... I've been looking for an 03 model for the very same reasons you listed. It is supposed to be the best "driver year" s2000. gotta get me some 9000rpms..

WarTowels

Give some a try. If you know the car you're getting yourself into, it's awesome. I highly recommend it. I love drifting around in it, and back roads are wonderful.

9k is great. It's just a great car all around, I have have very little if any complaints about it.

-Towels

turbo4wd

NissanSkyline901":13eqzqcm said:
1991 Honda Accord EX SW. Bought it for $500 from a co-worker, drove it around stock and started getting the itch. Fixed the rust, threw on some wheels, slammed it, added a custom headliner and some hardwood flooring in the back. Soooo basically I made it the most impractical daily driver but god do I love it.
Love that gen Accord.. they were absolutely bulletproof, and the station wagons were very practical.. You did some nice work to it, but yea.. hardwood - looks nice, but i can only imagine stuff sliding all over the damn place.. :D

For a few years my DD's were company cars, but I missed having a SUV around so I decided to buy one to keep:
8861124_1.jpg

Not mine, but exact same year, color, trim, spec etc.. (I just haven't bothered taking a pic of it)

Love this damn thing.. drove it from TN to CA in 2 days (2060mi in <28hrs), picked up my spare engine, and drove it back haha..

___Scott___

WarTowels":ynaj6u2p said:
I love it..., the looks are to die for, ...
:lol: That reminds me...

This spring, my wife wanted something sporty and convertible. So I took her around to all the dealers and showed her everything that fit the criteria and a few that were a bit of a stretch. When we looked at an S2K, her response was "too bland." Personally I've always liked them. I've only ridden in one once and was impressed.

In the end, her new daily driver is one of these:
2006-BMW-Z4-M-Roadster-ImolaRed-SA-960x720.jpg

She is ecstatic. She keeps telling people that people who say money can't buy happiness have never bought a BMW Z4 M Roadster. :lol:

My daily driver is my ST165.

bloodMoney

___Scott___":q9mi1sba said:
In the end, her new daily driver is one of these:
2006_BMW_Z4_M_Roadster_expasssd.jpg

She is ecstatic. She keeps telling people that people who say money can't buy happiness have never bought a BMW Z4 M Roadster. :lol:

I just read this to the wifey and she came back with "I'd be happier in the 165...." lol :D

___Scott___

bloodMoney":3eh4ad52 said:
I just read this to the wifey and she came back with "I'd be happier in the 165...." lol :D
Convertibles are not really my thing, and neither is red, but as long as my wife loves it, it was worth it. Personally, I'm happier in the ST165 too.

showcaseceli90

I know this is an old thread but I never got to put up pics of my DD. Well here it is... 1990 Lexus LS400 (work in progress...haha!)
2010-03-16142128.jpg

2010-03-16141956.jpg

2010-03-16142106.jpg

sMARTINside

Here is my winter DD: 1987 Toyota Pick-Up with 22R carburated engine.

Pick-up.jpg

Pick-up2.jpg

I don't really take car of this vehicle. The frame is about to break in half because of the rust. I simply will run it until it dies... It may take time... It seems very tough up to now!

MWP

Just bought a DD for when the GT4 comes off the road for the new engine.

Its a Lexus ES250.... cost me a whole $250 :D :twisted: