Tuck these...

SleepingTurbo

4844393327_1bbc6030ed_b-1.jpg

whats everyone think? im aiming for this by the end of summer. plus fog lights and the bumper extensions.

SleepingTurbo

looking to tuck the stock rims and tires. at least until i get new ones. and about the bumper extensions. the bumper quarter pieces that go on the front of the fenders? on either side of the bumper.

SleepingTurbo

ok, so everyone is clear.

i made this thread so i could illustrate my aspiration to lower my car enough to tuck the tires just under the fenders all the way around. sorry that i didnt exactly make that clear lol.

im getting a deal on some megan racing street coilovers, so when i put them on, im going to go max low and work my way up from that point.

WarTowels

But you purchased a Toyota, not a Volkswagen?

Also, I'm not following your logic. You wanting to tuck the wheels and bumper extensions is predicated on having the stock rims. Until you get new ones. Which I'm taking literally as you will only tuck the stock rims but not new ones in the future. If that's the case, wouldn't it make more sense to just get new wheels? Are bumper "extensions" permanent? It would just suck to do work just to have silly stock rims when you intend to get better ones. I know I'd personally just do a modest drop and leave the rims alone until I got what I wanted.

To each his own though, if that's what you want go for it. I've never seen tucked rims on an All-trac. - Oh wait. I forgot I own a fifth gen.

Picture016.jpg

:p

-Towels

SleepingTurbo

oh boy lol

when i say bumper extensions, i mean the fender quarter pieces that go right below the side markers. not something aftermarket, the ones that come from the factory, that make the bumper look like that fit all the way around.

and as for the rims, for the time being i will run the stock rims, just because i wont have any serious issues with rubbing if the fenders fit around the rims and tires. with bigger rims with a lower offset, there will be need to roll/pull the fender possible even flar them, and if it gets bad enough i will radius them to get the extra clearance.

when i do get different rims, i will get them to fit properly with a camber kit, and modifying the control arms and tie rods for extra turning radius, as well as more camber. when i do get bigger rims(16x9.5 hopefully), i want them to be able to sit flush with the fenders, not tucked. the only reason i want to tuck the stock rims, is because they have such a high offset, that it would be ludicrous to try and correct the sunkeness of the rims.

88st165

lol to everybody.

Not everyone aspires to have all out performance, not a bad thing. Cars go through phases sometimes. Having a rare car that is inspired by current trends will definitely get attention on the street and in the parking lot. Maybe thats what he wants? He is a fellow trac member deviating from the norm, nothing wrong with that.

Ian, ill help you get the wheels tucked but it will def ride harsh and handle like shit and with the roads here in chicago its going to be dangerously low...

SleepingTurbo

im fully aware of the consequences that come with having a low low car. hence why i want skid plates. no oil pan messes for me! :) thanks for the back up eugene lol

and yeah, thats pretty much what im doing. making it something deviates from the norm. id rather have my car, my way. i do like many of the builds on this board, but the way many people mod, just isnt for me, thats all. i want something that people can look at and be intrigued, or be haters. either way. im getting promo, and thats what matters lol.

bloodMoney

Eugene, where the hell have you been man? We still need to get out.....

I have some autox questions that I want answered :)

/threadjack

WarTowels

88st165":lm19c1x5 said:
lol to everybody.

Not everyone aspires to have all out performance, not a bad thing. Cars go through phases sometimes. Having a rare car that is inspired by current trends will definitely get attention on the street and in the parking lot. Maybe thats what he wants? He is a fellow trac member deviating from the norm, nothing wrong with that.

I feel like your implying that I said, or that someone else said there was something wrong with that - which is not the case in any of these posts. I just want that to be clear.

WarTowels":lm19c1x5 said:
To each his own though, if that's what you want go for it.

-Greg

88st165

WarTowels":2zurdz9p said:
88st165":2zurdz9p said:
lol to everybody.

I feel like your implying that I said, or that someone else said there was something wrong with that - which is not the case in any of these posts. I just want that to be clear.

WarTowels":2zurdz9p said:
To each his own though, if that's what you want go for it.

-Greg

Yea after reading what I wrote I can see how it sounded like that. My comments were not directed to anyone specific. Though I do feel like there is almost a certain way people on here believe these cars should be modded. I, for one, agree and the way I mod my car is for performance first and looks second. I still run 15" TD wheels for example, nothing baller.

Chris, you can call me anytime or text me. Right now Im in Michigan for the FSAE competition in MIS so if I dont respond right away you know why. Hopefully we pass the last of tech inspection so we can do the dynamic events.

SleepingTurbo

i have nothing against performance first, id just rather take care of having my car looking good as well. right now im taking the time do a bunch of maintenance and tidying up, so it will run well, and be quicker than stock, but also look good while doing it. im really just following how i started the project getting the car sitting pretty and running right.