new to the club blah blah...

88st165

yeah i know, its another 'new to the club' post but i thought i would just get to the pics..... i would just like to say that i just got the car but i joined the club beforehand to get as much info as possible.... i already love the car.... it runs fantastic....

nasty trunk

what caused it^ ...keep in mind none of that was in any organized fashion, bottles were laying upside down, sideways, opened...
i took all that stuff out of the trunk...

last but not least
the shocker........ atleast shocked me.......

not rolled over miles either....

RIalltrac

well there isnt any rot that I can see so thats awesome for a 165, although that water or whatever the hell it is in the spare tire well is kinda disturbing. The mileage is awesome, even if its just chasis mileage, the engine can be made better. You just got yourself a bit of TLC to start putting down. Overall not bad, any real complaints with how it operates?

toayoztan

I do agree, looks good. Some things do bother me too on how some of it ended up the way it did heh, but it'd be sweet to have an alltrac with that low of miles. Just be sure to do a little self-maintenance/tuning before taking her out anyway (or driving hard for that matter).

Bryan

88st165

yeah it drives great... when i drive i hear suspension noises coming from the back, like a squeeking, rattling when i go over the slightest bumps... the oil hasnt been changed in a year so i dont beat on it(owner used amsoil 20w-50 and the amsoil filter for most of the cars life, i didnt compression test it yet so im not sure of the exact health of the engine but it seems pretty good).... it made it from new york to chicago with no issues what so ever... i have more pics of some of the body damage ill post up....

sunroof rust (common i suppose, will be getting a new one)

rust spot right below tail light and dent in the quarter

dent in the other quarter

fuel pump wires were partially submerged in oil/water

alittle dirty but i dont know where to start to clean it, how the hell do i get the oil filter out, so i have to remove the alt?

interior, good shape all around, smells very weird from all the chemicals in the hatch and from sitting for so long not being used...

heres my other car, very slow but its comfortable.

Bori

Looks like you need a little work but i'm glad that your taking the time to keep the alltrac alive. :wink:

black88inmd

Yay! Another 165! :D If those miles are true miles and not rolled over thats pretty amazing. Make sure the odometer isnt just broken.

That sucks about the trunk, some pretty nasty stuff in there.

Ths black interior is making me jealous. So much nicer then the red :cry:

Good luck on getting her running:)

Shaggz00

Welcome to the Forum!

I gotta say, the only thing that looks 40k on that car is the Leather wrap on the steering wheel. still looks good, but its pretty rough.
Having recently redone a 165 (entire interior, most of the engine, wiring), you definetly have your work cut out for you. Good find though, now bring her back from beyond, and give her the life she deserves!

toayoztan

I just don't understand how he used amsoil (which is pretty damn good oil) and took care of the engine so well, but the body looks like the way it does with the trunk having oil and water in it :shrug:

Again, props to you for taking this project on. Goodluck and you'll have fun!

Bryan

Rick89GTS

RIalltrac":3qqrv53z said:
isnt there a drainage hole in the well for the spare?...
Yep, just have to pull the rubber plug.
I hope I'm wrong but I kinda think the car must've had it odo disconnected, replaced or something. The mileage doesn't match up with the rest of the car at all. I've looked at a ton of used cars and that just doesn't look right to me at all. What's the carfax history like?
Always good to have another 165 on board. Welcome to the club :D

88st165

oh a day after i got the car i stripped out the trunk of all the panels etc. and drained and cleaned it... the oil preserved everything, it looks brand new except for the factory sound deadening stuff, it is all mushy and tar-ish. i might have to scrape it all out... also i think the carpeting is trashed but i might try to salvage it (its way beyond soaked with oil)... ill get pics of the clean trunk up.... the reason it looks like the way it is is because it sat on the streets of queens ny for 90% of its life, no garage, very few car washes.... i did use some cleaner wax on it and it brought back the reflection in a big way, i might try a claybar next... cant really drive/enjoy it in the new york traffic so thats why it has so little miles on it.... it was a demo car bought by my uncle which had 5000mi in 1989, the rest of the miles has been put on by him... and now many more by me...

Rick89GTS

88st165":2wpgukim said:
.....cant really drive/enjoy it in the new york traffic so thats why it has so little miles on it.... it was a demo car bought by my uncle which had 5000mi in 1989, the rest of the miles has been put on by him... and now many more by me...
That explains it, good thing you got the history on it.
Post some more pics once you get her all shined up :smokes:

88st165

thanks for the warm welcome guys and thanks for the support. i know i have alot ahead of me... here are some more pics of a slight wax on only the faded areas (didnt do the bumpers).....

brought back a slight reflection....

needs alttle bit more cleaning but alot better than before...

oh one more note, i tried to pass someone to get over to the next lane and i believe i hit fuel cut.... boy did that suck...

88st165

haha, man i have been busy a hell with school (college student).... summer school and work has been taking over my summer life.... hopefully soon we can cruise around....