Moving to Edmonton

Zeus

binkie":2ehul90k said:
Blake, there is tons of work in Alberta. If you're not tied down to anything and not afraid of winter, I'd recommend it. It only took a week for me to find work in Edmonton when we were checking things out in November, and I was being picky. That is pretty much unheard of in Vancouver.

Marc

Yeah work is even harder to find over here in victoria... the plan is to go to school there for a year at U of C and work part time... Ill have two years of experience at a CNC machine shop and from what i have seen there is a huge demand for manufacturing jobs out there so it should work out pretty well...

glad to hear you are enjoying it!

No Spin

Flyin' Bryan":1g28yeaq said:
I'd be willing to boot over to Edmonton or Calgary for a meet. Is there any awd dynos in Alberta yet?

Nothing concrete, but there is supposedly one in Calgary that the Subaru guy's have claimed to use. There is a Mustang Dyno in Edmonton, but I don't know if it has been set up yet. I have seen the photos of it on the crates after delivery to Edmonton.

http://www.nacdsm.org/gallery/v/Darryl_1/awddyno/?g2_navId=x561092bd

Zeus

Selling the celica because it is time to move on... After the motor blew up on me this summer I decided Ive had enough. The motor is all rebuilt now and ready to go but I want something else... More than likely I will get an mr2

and at the machine I just operate the machines.. i wish i could say i was all cool and can program them but haha yeah i really cant

ChrisD

Theres a few of us around for meets in Calgary/Edmonton, for sure. I am in Edmonton every once in a while to visit family too, since I grew up there.

:)

All4Traction

Hehe, ill be workin in Alberta this summer, so im sure ill be able to make it out :wink: errr... as long as im not workin that weekend :p

Flyin' Bryan

All4Traction":22ag37q6 said:
Hehe, ill be workin in Alberta this summer, so im sure ill be able to make it out :wink: errr... as long as im not workin that weekend :p

....And your car runs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

binkie

Hey Guys,

Don't check the board much right now-the celica is still in Vancouver. Please see my response to the Vancouver Meet Forum.

Things are going well here. Edmonton is just booming-significant pop. increase since we've gotten here. Work is busy for both of us.

Can't wait to haul the Alltrac up here & meet up with the locals next spring!

Talk soon, Marc

RHDGT-4

a lot of car people meet on friday's at the united cycle just off of Whyte ave.

They are mostly from 780tuners.com, and i think there are a few celica's

But mostly nissan/honda/DSM ers

binkie

The celica will be here in edmonton in about 3-4 weeks.

Don't know if I'll get out for a meet for a while, though. Gotta find someone to do the inspection and get it insured.

Marc

binkie

Number of posts:
Binkie: 61
Rick89GTS: 2200

Guess I'm not on much am I, teeheehee...I had many many more on the old forum and the old onelist forum.

Been busy with the garage, work and family.

Only new thing with the celica is that I bought a rear Torsen for it in the fall, but it is otherwise fading its paint in the Edmonton sun....

Marc