moved to vancouver!

GT4RC

Some of you may already know I've moved to vancouver, but for those who do not, here ya go.

I've been here 2 weeks and am finally somewhat settled in and starting to have free time. If anyone in the area wants to meet up or shoot some pics of our sexy cars lemme know. Could be a good candidate for the calendar too....

I'll be checking this post occasionally from my berry but am computerless for the time being so probably won't see me whoring it up nearly as much as normal.

Easiest way to contact me is by email:
Gtfourobsessed at gmail

Oh and where the hell can I find a stall-type carwash where I get to wash it myself?

Rick89GTS

Welcome to Vancouver and Aircare.
Maybe in the spring we can do a Vancouver meet, if there are enough of us.

For a stall-type DIY carwash, try googlig "WashWorld" I know there's one in Surrey.

GT4RC

I'm living in the marpole area, oak and marine, and working in coquitlam. It's a brutal commute, about 45-60 mins driving, and 60-90 mins by bus.

I'm often driving around downtown at night, often down marine or granville whenever, and the odd commute on hwy 1 at 9am.

Slink

Welcome to the land of traffic jams! Be careful ~ the drivers are nuts here

Car washes ? There's a big DIY one (with vaccuums and drive thru drier) on Hastings on the way to SFU (Sorry can't remember the name, it's on the North side of Hastings, 10-15 blocks blocks away from Willingdon heading toward SFU) or some Esso's have the touchless drive-thru type.

Marpole is nice! You can go to the Airport and watch the planes land... if your'e into that kinda stuff.. hehhe anyway Welcome!

GT4RC

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I really want to get a meet together, but no rush yet, as the car will soon be visiting the bodyshop to finally get that hit n run fixed in my rear driver's quarterpanel (had to cancel it previously to moving). And later a maintenance spree.

That car wash sounds like its just what I'm looking for. When I clean my car I want to be able to take the time to detail it inside and out.

As for traffic, I'm a bit of a dick driver at times, so I might be nuts lol. I've been trying to drive as little as possible to be easy on the car, but I can't help it....

I love vancouver, I've been putting this move off for far too long....

Slink

If you're crazy then you'll fit right in with the drivers! Red means go faster, and feel free to pull a U-turn anytime, anywhere, no matter how many cars have to perform hardcore evasive maneuvers to avoid you... hehe oh yeah stop signs, those are optional in vancouver

st185rc

welcome to vancouver! nice to see another rc hitting up the 604.

we should definitely meet up! if you're free next friday maybe we can grab a coffee or something. starbucks are plentiful here

Hey GT4RC welcome:) Sorry i haven't called or emailed since the last time, i ended up getting busy and the week just went by so quickly.

We definately must do a meet when the weather gets better. It would be nice to meet all the lower Mainland and possibly the island guys/gals too.

GT4RC

st185rc":11kl2syk said:
welcome to vancouver! nice to see another rc hitting up the 604.

we should definitely meet up! if you're free next friday maybe we can grab a coffee or something. starbucks are plentiful here
Friday works for me, I have the day off.

5thgenbliss":11kl2syk said:
Hey GT4RC welcome:) Sorry i haven't called or emailed since the last time, i ended up getting busy and the week just went by so quickly.

We definately must do a meet when the weather gets better. It would be nice to meet all the lower Mainland and possibly the island guys/gals too.
No worries, I was pretty busy myself, I've still barely touched my unpacking lol.

I'm thinking a meet with everyone in would be great :)

AWDios

Should have a joint seattle area meet :D If you don't mind the drive make sure you join PSTOC.com, since we have lots of events once the weather turns nice.

Anyone want to drive down and help me pull my motor? :p

Yeah, easywash here in North Van. Its close to where i work. If u want to spend a little more you can try the hand car wash guys in the mall parking downtown. leave your car (parking) and go shopping for a few hours downtown and have your car hand washed while your spending more money:)

Corey

^^ that would be convienient, but no way in hell would i let someone else wash my car lol, not even if they gave me money.

lol, i hear ya. The only guys i used to trust washing my previous cars by hand was a little family owned detail shop called Softtouch in North Van. the Original (family) owners were great. I had them Zymol my cars twice a year as well as hand wash every now and then. Sadly, they sold the business. The new owner, seems nice enough, has raised the prices and its a little too rich for my blood nowadays so i don't go regularly anymore. Besides, its about time i start to wash my own car again:) There's something about doing it yourself that makes it more personal. That and you can keep track of the dings and scratches more closely when they appear.

AWDios

Yeah, if you're not going to wash a car yourself you should take it to a detail shop. Even the no-touch car washes are really harsh on your paint.