Postby banshee 101 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:22 pm

I am going to pass my inspection on monday, i have a jdm celica gt4 91, i have rigged the fog lights to be DRL, but i do not have a cat on the exhaust, cuz my friend hollowed it out b4 i bought it off him, just wondering if anyone knows where i can get one or if i even need one
Members don't see the above ad. Register now - it's free!
banshee 101
Club Member
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:21 pm
Location: montreal, Canada

Postby klue » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:57 pm

To pass inspection you will not need one, just point to the cat and say "this is the factory catalytic convertor" they can't tell that its hollow just by looking at it.

If they ask you to do an e-test your screwed. If that's the case there are lots of cats locally you can get. if need be i can ship one too you.
#xiiimotorsports ON instagram
User avatar
GTFour God
Posts: 3893
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Greater Toronto Area

Postby TomsGT4 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:39 pm

I've passed an e-test with a hollowed-out cat.
But I'm not sure about Québec emissions standards compared to Ontario.

How did you do?
1990 ST185
1990 Corolla SR5
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it"

User avatar
Established Member
Posts: 1238
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:04 pm
Location: SouthWest Ontario

Postby windex » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:06 am

We don't have emissions tests :twisted:
Frenchy Canadian
User avatar
Club Member
Posts: 131
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:12 am
Location: Montréal, Québec

Return to Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest