Vex Motorsports or Lightspeed Innovations in Red Deer?

I need to get my car Tuned and was wondering which of these places you would suggest? If anyone has gone to either of these let me know. I would like feedback.

hahaha thats funny. I just talked to him on the phone. Sounds like a very knowledgable and smart guy. What did you get done? How is it working out?

magnum

edmonton_oiler16":1jwx8myr said:
hahaha thats funny. I just talked to him on the phone. Sounds like a very knowledgable and smart guy. What did you get done? How is it working out?
I bought a ViPEC stand alone from him, and he will tune it for me when I finally put my car together.

TheNubkins

My ViPEC was $1758.74CAD(after GST). It's still sitting at Lightspeed in Red Deer so that didn't include shipping cost to my house in Edmonton. I got the car running again and only have to install the RC/CS WTA intercooler setup and I can take it down to have the ViPEC setup and get a good tune. I'm thinking mid April this should happen. I'll let you know how my experience with them went.

RWDragoon

Well I'm from Vex, so obviously I will be a little biased.

Personally at Vex 2 of us both Drive GT4RC's. We are VERY familiar with these cars. At the shop right now we have a 2.2L Fully built and prepped 3SGTE stroker that is ready to be installed as well. You should drop by or give me a call and we can chat!

TheNubkins

This thread is starting to get dated, but I thought I'd offer an opinion. I went with Lightspeed Innovations in Red Deer for some minor mechanical work and a tune. I can say that I was impressed with the mechanical work that was done, but the tune I received was horrible! If I were to do it all over again I would choose to go with Vex. Just my opinion though...take it with a grain of salt(who made up that saying anyways?!).

EDIT: Cam from Lightspeed has been in touch with me again recently and has, for free, booked me in a full day on his awd dyno to refresh the tune and improve it, as well as troubleshoot the issues he was having the first time around. It is beginning to look as though it was not 100% a tune issue and moreso a restriction in airflow...either intake or exhaust related...perhaps the TVIS isn't fully functional. Either way I retract my comment about the horrible tune and must say that the customer service end of things is amazing from Lightspeed.

sacanadian

i personally never dealt with any of them but when my ex moved back to calgary from BC, she took my Ae101 with her, the car didn't pass OOP in BC but passed with flying colours in Alberta. From what my ex said, they are knowlagable and have great customer service.... things we always look for in a tuning shop!
Not sure if this helps but she is a very picky person and to impress her takes alot!(...hence being the ex lol!) so when it comes to the shop I think vex is reputable.

and thats my 2cents

TheNubkins

I just had my car diagnosed and retuned at Lightspeed Innovations. Their customer service is amazing, and the skill of their tuner, Cam, is just as great as the mechanical work they do. We found that it was not the tune that was the cause of my poor power level, but the stock intake which was still in place. Cam stayed after hours to finish my car up, didn't charge me at all for all the dyno setup and use, he RETUNED my car to take into account a free flowing straight intake also for free, and to top it all off he invited me for dinner at his home where he also one upped it and had me spend the night so we could go over a few more things on the car the next morning. Now WHAT performance shop does that?! Exactly...Lightspeed will be getting my business from now on...nothing against VEX as I'm sure they do good work as well...but my experience with Lightspeed Innovations has turned me into a customer for life.

No Spin

TheNubkins":1up90pbh said:
I just had my car diagnosed and retuned at Lightspeed Innovations. Their customer service is amazing, ...
...and to top it all off he invited me for dinner at his home where he also one upped it and had me spend the night so we could go over a few more things on the car the next morning. Now WHAT performance shop does that?!...

Mrs. Nubkins went along fo the trip, I guess?
:wink:

j/k, but it's your fault for posting the bikini pic...

TheNubkins

HAHA, I forgot about that pic. My wife stayed back in Edmonton with the kids. I wonder if I have any new and better pics to post! Hah...perhaps this summer I'll get some pictures of her with the car.