WTB: 91+ Celica

angkor101

Im looking for a 91+ celica alltrac, FWD is fine to since my askin price is very low. Need something reliable, im located in toronto, i havent seen ANY celica alltracs here at all, actually i just found out they exist a couple days ago lol. i thought they just had the GT-4s. Anyways my budget is $2500, prob wont be gettin an alltrac for that much. Lookin for mint, 5spd Thanks.

hacker_720

The alltrac is only AWD, the GT-4 is just the JDM name for them, you can usually call them an alltrac or a GT-4 and no one would mind. The 1990-1993 alltrac are all the same (minor differences), so you can include 1990 in your search. You will not find an alltrac for $2500, maybe a project car (mine is for sale for $3000) but not a running one, and definitely not a reliable one, if you want a reliable alltrac you need to spend about 9-10 grand. You can pick up a normal running-and-safetied one for about $5000.00

The FWD 'alltracs' are really just normal celica's with an alltrac motors (3SGTE) swapped in, and we usually call them 'Halftracs' they are also rare, you MIGHT be able to find one for $2500, but reliable might be a problem, cause they are swapped motors.

If you drop down to an 88-89 alltrac you might have a better chance finding one for $2500, but again it will need work.

You could probably pick up a Celica-needing-a-motor for $1000.00, and get an alltrac motor (3SGTE) for $1000 (tiger Japanese motors) and pay someone to put it in, but I don't know anyone who would do it for $500, but you would be getting close to your goal.

Ps. Welcome to the site.

angkor101

Thanks!! yea im new dunno how much they go for. I know the normal celicas, they arent much. I was looking at a very mint gts for only $2400. Unfortunately, he cannot wait till june to sell it. :( . If i cant get an alltrac. A normal 5spd celica gts is fine. I know for sure i could find a pretty good condition one for my asking price. Have seen more then enough already. Thanks again!

angkor101

oooo, actually, thats a mistake. 90s are fine too. The newer the better, im not buying the car, my parents are, and they hate old cars like crazy. They are ok with something in the 90s but 80s or even late 80s, dun bother lol.

concealer404

Personally, i have a REAL hard time spending that kind of money on a high mileage 18 year old car, regardless of how well it runs NOW.

Unless it's a collectable or a performance car.

Unfortunately, this is neither. But in the end, you're buying it, not me.

If i were in your shoes, i'd take the $2500 your parents are chipping in, save another $1000, and get a mid 90s BMW 3-series, but that's just me.

If you want a celica, this one sounds nice enough that i may be coerced into buying it, depending on what exactly the "interior mods" are. I don't do rice.

I'd sell my Celica for $2500.... really all you'd be giving up on that GTS is the stereo and interior bells and whistles.

angkor101

i dont do rice either lol, besides the exhaust and those weird gauges, its fine. I asked the guy but like i said he cant keep it for me till june, it will probably be gone by the end of the month

Locker

I was in Orillia the other day and right across the street from the mazda store (kitty corner to the wendy's/tim hortons) there is a red 92/93 celica for sale. been there for 2 months I think with just a for sale sign in the window.

angkor101

coool, im prob not ganna go check it out though. BTW are there any 6th gens for sale out there let me know, thanks.

Sal

They are everywhere. Go on Kijjiji.ca and look up Celica in Toronto... At least 3 of them up for sale, all overpriced.