The incidence of rear LSD on RHD JDM ST185 Imports

randedge

This is an inquiry regarding the incidence of rear LSD on RHD JDM ST185 Imports.

Non RC!

They they ALL come with it?
Or is it a case of some do, some don't?

If it's a hit and miss, how do I tell? Just jack up the car and try to find out?

Thanks.

-Randy

Corey

Its hit and miss.

Some sources state they all came with it. But some members have checked their JDM cars and say they don't have one.

There is a massive LSD thread on here you can check out for how to check the diff.

Best way... open up the drain plug and try and see if the gears are helical. Or take the back cover right off and check that way.

According to the EPC for my car (checked by another member), my car came with LSD, but i have not yet checked it physically.

http://alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

randedge

Ok, I read the thread you linked, and then another thread that was linked on the thread you linked.

What I got from that second thread was that for North American Alltracs, VIN code is no guarantee of rear TORSEN.

However, for Japan spec (RHD, which is what the car I'm looking at) E151F on the tranny code with a 767 on the axle means LSD, right? Well, gotta look into that then. If that fails, I'll get the owner to launch it on gravel.

Corey

That is the Tranny code for the RC.

It has been found that some standard GT-Fours still have a Torsen rear diff and the E150F gearbox.

The only sure fire way to check is to open the diff and check the gears.