Canadian Made Underbody Braces and Strut Bars

underscore

I really want one but really can't afford it. Are there other braces out there (albeit likely more expensive) or is this the last option? I need to know how much I should be panicking, lol

athousandleaves

underscore":x0p3zrvp said:
I really want one but really can't afford it. Are there other braces out there (albeit likely more expensive) or is this the last option? I need to know how much I should be panicking, lol

These aren't the last thing in existence but they might as well be.

Have a read through the original posting that details the design and pros/cons of this steel piece over the aluminum ones made by other manufacturers(cusco & j-speed).
It starts out a bit rough but really shows that Conrad knows what he's doing. http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9909&view=next

Also, ordering the cusco or j-speed ones will likely end up costing you more once you factor in shipping.

underscore

Well then I guess I'm in, from the sounds of it this will stiffen up the front end a significant amount? How will that affect handling (I presume it improves things, but by how much and in what areas?)

Conrad_Turbo

underscore":89hgokyf said:
Well then I guess I'm in, from the sounds of it this will stiffen up the front end a significant amount? How will that affect handling (I presume it improves things, but by how much and in what areas?)

It all depends on how old your OEM suspension joints are as well as the tires you run (µ of the tires in particular). Basically the brace will help keep your suspension from deflecting which will alter your suspension geometry, not desirable. The same idea goes for most any other chassis stiffening item, it strengthens the chassis so the suspension does all the work, like it's supposed to.

Copy the latest list of people that have signed up and add your name.

Achelea

1. Boo_Guy
2. Terracar
3. YerRandO
4. UndaGrwnD
5. 5thgenbliss
6. athousandleaves
7. masco
8. Achelea (Tenatively) If I can get the alltrac I'm looking at I'd be interested.

Spectra1

I noticed a few other people have said they would be interested in the rear strut bar, I know Conrad said he would not be making anymore but I would be really interested in one of those.

magnum

1. Boo_Guy
2. Terracar
3. YerRandO
4. UndaGrwnD
5. 5thgenbliss
6. athousandleaves
7. masco
8. Achelea (Tenatively) If I can get the alltrac I'm looking at I'd be interested.
9. Magnum (No shipping required I will come pick it up.)

underscore

1. Boo_Guy
2. Terracar
3. YerRandO
4. UndaGrwnD
5. 5thgenbliss
6. athousandleaves
7. masco
10. Underscore

Celidude

I might want in on this depending on the time frame as I'm trying to prepare (financially) for a cross-country move. I have one of the underbody braces for my GT-S and I'd love to get one for the Trac too so I'll put myself on the list.

1. Boo_Guy
2. Terracar
3. YerRandO
4. UndaGrwnD
5. 5thgenbliss
6. athousandleaves
7. masco
10. Underscore
11. Celidude (Tentative)

METDeath

1. Boo_Guy
2. Terracar
3. YerRandO
4. UndaGrwnD
5. 5thgenbliss
6. athousandleaves
7. masco
10. Underscore
11. Celidude (Tentative)
12. METDeath

Conrad_Turbo

Sounds good guys. For everyone on the list can you PM me your full shipping address, your full name as well as your phone # and email address. I will calculate the cost of material, labor, shipping and present it to everyone in the next few days.

I am not limiting this to 10 people so if anyone wants in they can add themselves and send me the info I just requested via PM. I will have a price posted here shortly.

alltracshoak

1. Boo_Guy
2. Terracar
3. YerRandO
4. UndaGrwnD
5. 5thgenbliss
6. athousandleaves
7. masco
10. Underscore
11. Celidude (Tentative)
12. METDeath[/quote]
13 alltracshoak

Droptop93

1. Boo_Guy
2. Terracar
3. YerRandO
4. UndaGrwnD
5. 5thgenbliss
6. athousandleaves
7. masco
10. Underscore
11. Celidude (Tentative)
12. METDeath
13 alltracshoak
14. Droptop93

Conrad_Turbo

Thanks for all the interest guys, keep submitting your info and I can get you some costs soon. I will most likely list a base price and then add the cost of shipping as indicated per the shipping website of choice (most likely going to be CanadaPost/USPS) based on cost. Ballpark shipping costs for anyone in the US is around $55USD and in Canada is around $30USD. Just to give everyone an idea.

Shipping to Australia and the Netherlands is coming in at $$$$, most likely due to box volume not so much the actual weight of the package. I will contact those members directly about shipping costs and if they are still interested.

I will have a base price shortly, just waiting on info from my box mfg. on what the cost will be and when I can get packaging materials. I have enough material to build a 4-5 braces and my metal supplier has enough for me to build another 10, so if this grows I may do staged shipments (the people who signed up first get their's first, first in-first out). As previously mentioned I should have a price in the next few days.

Thanks for your patience guys. I won't ask for payment until we're ready to build.

UndaGrwnD

1. Boo_Guy
2. Terracar
3. YerRandO
4. UndaGrwnD
5. 5thgenbliss
6. athousandleaves
7. masco
10. Underscore
11. Celidude (Tentative)
12. METDeath
13 alltracshoak
14. Droptop93
15. Car_Barn_Bandit

added Car_Barn_Bandit , he send me a pm to add him to the list. (he cant find his pw to login)

Conrad_Turbo

Thanks for all your info guys.

Factoring in raw material cost, packaging material cost, Paypal and exchange rate fees the base price is $215USD. On average it is around $60USD to ship to any location in the US and $25 within Canada via FedEx, UPS is more and CanadaPost/USPS is a possibility however CanadaPost may be going on a labor strike. UndaGrwnD your shipment must be done via CanadaPost as FedEx and UPS are charging nearly $250 more... So this is what we have:

1. Boo_Guy = need shipping info
2. Terracar = $275USD ($215+$60)
3. YerRandO = $240USD ($215+$25)
4. UndaGrwnD = $310USD ($215+ $98.25USD)
5. 5thgenbliss = need shipping info
6 & 7. athousandleaves and masco = $455USD ($215+$215+$25)
8. Achelea (tentative) = need shipping info
9. Magnum = $215USD (no shipping required)
10. Underscore = $240USD ($215+$25)
11. Celidude (tentative) = $275USD ($215+$60)
12. METDeath = $275USD ($215+$60)
13 alltracshoak = $275USD ($215+$60)
14. Droptop93 = $275USD ($215+$60)
15. Car_Barn_Bandit = need shipping info

If anyone objects to their price, please remove your name from the list, if you are still interested please say so. If anyone else is interested please add your name to the list and PM me your full name, phone number, email and full shipping address.

Conrad_Turbo

Once I get all my ducks in a row here I will sort the payment route out, it will be via Paypal obviously. I will start once we get 10 confirmed and paid, I will be gearing up for up to 15 braces to be built, nothing more. Once the payments are collected I will estimate 2-3 weeks (provided no shortages or anything major comes up) for the braces to be manufactured and shipped, shipping is typically 4 bus. days as per FedEx although duty/customs will stall American shipments by a few more days.