New Insurance for modified cars?

TomsGT4

I got this info e-mailed to me from a buddy of mine who owns a modified VW Corrado. Think it will happen?

VW Corrado":25p5xpba said:
There's this guy is trying to get 5000 people together and hopes to peg the price at 1500 per year. The result is that as long as you have a clean record you can do whatever you want to your car and race ON RACETRACKS as much as you want as long as your car is street legal and you will not get dropped from insurance. sign up here if you want to stay legal. now don't be some stupid little kid who thinks it's cool to break the rules, the insurance companies will tear you and your wallet a new a$$hole if they want and you'll be totally broke if you're unlucky.

http://www.solocanada.ca/modules/news/a ... ?storyid=8

Requires signing onto the website to get the form. i think this is ontario only right now (haven't read/signed up yet, too much other stuff to do) but let any and everyone you know hear of this, could save many people ALOT of headache later on.

1stGenAllTrac

read about that a while ago, sounds interesting.. but who knows.. my insurance is down to about $1400 a year pl/pd/fire/theft . no tix in the last 3 years. it WAS over 2000 2 years ago.
but i'm sure i'm not covered on my mods at all.. damned insurance. :shoots:

A

Anonymous

Hey tom, do you know where i can find any alltracs in the windsor and london areas? ive been searching autotrader like mad, but no luck, and a buddy at work said he found one or a few in windsor?
know of any?

TomsGT4

Hey, how's it going.

What year are you looking for?
87-89 (ST165)
90-93 (ST185)

I believe I own the only ST185 south of London.
Closest to Windsor (in Canada) that I've seen one was a red one in Guelph about 3 years ago.
Not too sure of the 165's though. No way tell at a glance if they are a GTS or an Alltrac.

TomsGT4

1stGenAllTrac":2nhv0o96 said:
read about that a while ago, sounds interesting.. but who knows.. my insurance is down to about $1400 a year pl/pd/fire/theft . no tix in the last 3 years. it WAS over 2000 2 years ago.
but i'm sure i'm not covered on my mods at all.. damned insurance. :shoots:

My buddy told me recently that this was shot dead. Not sure if it's true though.
And I don't think insurance companies would allow it.
Are insurance companies money grubbing S#!@-heads all across the world? You should see how nice my insurance offices are here in Windsor. Marble entrance, expensive coffee shop in the lobby with leather couches and a 15 foot reception desk made from hard wood.
Sometimes I wish we didn't have to get insurance & take our chances.

A

Anonymous

Actually any alltrac will do, st165 or st185, there was a 165 in toronto for sale, called the guy all week, (it was in toronto) and the day i was going to look at it, i called and he sold it the daybefore... I was kinda bummed about that, and ive been searchin everywhere for one, cause i got enough money to buy a car now