CT20B GTX3071R Hybrid

HIRISK

Hi All,

I just thought some of you may be interested to see a turbo that I have just had built for my ST185 GT-Four Group A.

I had GCG in Sydney, Australia build this for me.

Specs are as follows...

Garrett GTX3071R billet compressor wheel (52.95mm inducer and 71mm exducer)
Larger Inconel turbine wheel
High flowed compressor housing
High flowed turbine housing
New core
Turbosmart billet wastegate actuator

It will be very interesting to see how it performs.

I can't wait to get it on the car.

anothergt4

Are you willing to share what the cost was? Very interested in seeing how it turns out, what are your goals as far as power?

aus jd 2703

So what are your A/R's?
Is it ball bearing?
Very curious how this goes as GCG offered this when I bought my GTX2867 so I'm wondering if I made the right decision

CSAlltrac

That looks great! You dont need that, go ahead and send that my way :p Do make sure you post results. I too am interested in costs.

CMS-GT4

How long do they guarantee the turbo? I have heard mixed reviews on toyota rebuilt turbos. I want to see the results.

HIRISK

Hi Guys,

I supplied GCG with the CT26, it was then rebuilt using a brand new core, not just a reco of the existing core.

On top of this, it received a brand new inconel turbine wheel and brand new billet GTX3071R compressor wheel.

So, apart from the actual and exhaust housings, it is all new.

This all cost $1,400UD.

It is NOT ball bearing. I could have upgraded to ball bearing but that would have cost me another $600AUD.

I then paid an extra $400AUD to have a billet Turbosmart wastegate actuator custom fitted.

So $1,800AUD all up.

I can't wait to get it installed and dyno tuned.

I am unsure what warranty it comes with, I will have to read all the paperwork it comes with.

HIRISK

Hi All,

I have done around 250km since the turbo was installed and all is going really well.

I am only running 15psi at present as I have a really crappy 2" exhaust from the Berk 3" dump back.

I have a new Blitz Nur Spec RX on its way which will be on the car soon.

Once the new exhaust is installed I will get it on the dyno.

But for the now, I can tell you the car feels very strong and still very responsive.

I can't wait to get it on the rollers and see what it makes.

im VERY interested in the dyno graph on this thing to see where the power hits. That is a very beautiful turbo though, hope it performs awesome for you!

CMS-GT4

Ats and a couple other places are building these now in the states. Looks like one mr2 made 400 with theirs. One got posted on Facebook that uses an anti surge housing. Waiting on more dyno numbers but I have a feeling this is the route I will go.

HIRISK

Hi All,

Not a huge amount to report at this stage.

I have replaced the exhaust system and have had the car on the dyno.

But I have not been able to do proper power runs as after 5,400rpm it leans out to much.

The Turbosmart billet wastegate actuator is set at 15psi but I am getting bad boost creep to 19psi.

Remember, I am running stock fuel pump, injectors, and ECU too.

So at this stage I have managed to make 146kw / 196hp at 4 wheels @ 5,400rpm.

I am investigating the boost creep and suspect an issue with the wastegate flap not opening all the way up, but I just have not had a chance to do this investigation yet.

Are there any updates on this turbo? Im intrested in doing something similar and I would like to know how this turned out.