aftermarket fan pairing with mishimoto radiator

grip-addict

hiya,
I'm running a mishimoto radiator and had to switch to their slimline fan since the stock fan/shroud doesn't fit.
I'm battling overheating issues at stoplights/idle and the mishi slim fan does not appear to be keeping up.

Has anyone else run this radiator with an aftermarket fan successfully? What did you use if so? :)

abeans

Yeah, no shroud and just the one on the drivers side.

I have a pusher i might add to the other side as well, but it hasn't needed it.

grip-addict

thanks, i'll give it a go with a SPAL. I've been thinking about switching the fan with the Haltech anyways, so this is a good excuse to run a new wire :)
I might see if I can convert the mishi fan to be a pusher and swap it to the other side of the radiator. The AC condenser is still in place though, so I might need to get creative :wink:

FC Zach

grip-addict":1k6olfno said:
Thanks. Are you getting by with just 1 and no shroud?

+1 for a Spal fan. . . I'm not necessarily using a shroud but I did have some mounting tabs made so that I could space the fan off the rad a bit to add foam between the rad and fan. All this because I despise those push-through zip-ties. Also notice. . I reused the OE connector so it's plug and play.

35759009101_e52f938494_z.jpg

underscore

I used a no-name fan with an ASI rad and had no issues, even in the middle of the summer (40*C and higher).

Alikazam

I run a single 11" high flow spal fan on my eBay radiator. No issues. Highest temp recorded daily driving in traffic etc so far since March is 212F. Mostly stays under 200. The JB weld is holding up just fine!

alltracman78

FC Zach":2ygmviga said:
grip-addict":2ygmviga said:
Thanks. Are you getting by with just 1 and no shroud?

+1 for a Spal fan. . . I'm not necessarily using a shroud but I did have some mounting tabs made so that I could space the fan off the rad a bit to add foam between the rad and fan. All this because I despise those push-through zip-ties. Also notice. . I reused the OE connector so it's plug and play.

35759009101_e52f938494_z.jpg

Damn that looks nice!

I have one of these radiators I need to put in my car one of these days.....

FC Zach

alltracman78":170101y0 said:
Damn that looks nice!

I have one of these radiators I need to put in my car one of these days.....

Thank you! My fabricator friend does great work.