?'s about FMIC piping size and clocking turbo

presure2

hey all, im planning a st-185 to st-204 swap, and trying to decide on what size piping to use for my FMIC. the core is gonna be 23x6x3, i am planning to run about 12lbs or so.
now im just trying to decide between 2.5" or 2" piping for the intercooler, and weather or not i should try and clock the turbo and go that way with the piping, although looking in the engine bay now, dont look like theres alot of room in there for piping w/the turbo clocked.. :shrug:
any thoughts, comments or suggestions are MUCH appreiciated and welcomed!
thanks
manny :smokes:

lhoy12

2.5" IC piping is what most people run, you will still have good air velocity as well as getting more air moved from the turbo to ic to intake mani.

RedCelicaTRD

If you arnt going to upgrade turbos just use 2". If you clock you need to fab up some custom brakets to hold the wastegate actuator.

presure2

anything under 600 crank hp wont need any bigger than 2-1/4". Bigger isnt better all the time.
If you clock you need to fab up some custom brakets to hold the wastegate actuator.
anyone have any detailed pics or descriptions on how exactly you clock a ct26? any help is much appreiciated!! :smokes:
manny