bov question from an idiot

Fat Trac

i have one on my car. its a tight fit, but its there. it is rubbing on something on the bottom of the hood though...

XoDuzZ

think it would fit if i put it on sideways?

btw - does it have a nice sound? like not defening to the driver loud but civic sititng next to you oh shit i'm scared loud.

RIalltrac

I would just make sure that it comes with an aluminum mount to weld to your intercooler. Other than that you should be good to go, just weld it to the bottom of the intercooler on the right near the inlet from the turbo pointing down a little. I've seen a lot of people weld there with good results.

shoteh

this might be a dumb question but I bought the samco t hose and the universal ssqv but now I dont know what to do. do I still need to buy the flange and if I did how would connect the t hose to it. does anyone have any pics of the ssqv and the t hose. Ive only seen welded ones not the t hose yet. 935 hasent replied also

AWDios

Yeah, I'd probably just go with the T-Hose, it could be a long wait to get it, but I think you'll run into less possible problems then welding.

Gary

Not on ST185 but you get the idea.

st165SamcoHose.jpg

shoteh

Ok heres what I have so far...
bov2.jpg

would this be what I need?
flange.jpg
(sorry pix just for show)

and after I put the flange on the bov what would I need to connect the hose to the flange? Do I just stick it in the hole of the flange and leave it there? :shrug:

also some people says that there might be a performance difference between using the t hose and welding it on...does anyone know if there is?

alltracman78

I think you're missing a part.....
The part that inserts into the hose....
You'll need a clamp too, or you'll blow it off.
Dont think there's any real performance difference between welding and the hose :shrug: .

shoteh

aluflange3.jpg

ahhh this is what I needed...

also when I put the t hose on theres not much room for air to go into the hose and to the bov because when measured the ic pipe from the turbo theres only like one quarter to half inch of space between that means the Im only letting that much air go to the bov...is that what's supposed to happen? or can I do anything about it?

AWDios

I'm of the opinion that it shouldn't really matter where or how it's installed. When the Intake path has pressure, it should fill the whole path, including whatever leads to the BOV. When pressure exceeds the amount the BOV will hold, it blows off.

Gary

When pressure exceeds the amount the BOV will hold, it blows off.
Nope, not like that.
When it detects the vacuum change at the vacuum source, (behind TB), it vents off the pressure from the intake route (between turbo and TB)