Stock internals - how much can they take

Zeus

chris_dittrick":356jw7tx said:
Thanks Blake. :) I totally agree, I wouldn't want to use J&S to cover up a crappy tune. In all honesty you would probably find it really jumpy and hesitant if it was constantly responding to lots of detonation.

I am saying though that it is possible use it to help you do a proper tune, with something as simple as an Emanage, or even as advanced as some of the better EMS's that exist. Takes a lot of guess work out of doing an Emanage tune that I am planning on doing.

Not sure if you have played with your J&S yet, but it is extremely useful for tuning...after spending some time with it, watching how the car reacts to its sensitivity, and watching the EGT gauge, you get a really good idea of how it responds.

If you started to detonate, you would know it. Fast. You'd have time to get your foot off the throttle.

One thing I did notice from a pic of Pat C's interior, is that even he has a J&S system set up!

Yeah im very interested to see how it all reacts... im waiting to see if it will even work though.. i have heard rumors that the autronic doesnt like the knockgaurd but i cant understand why

and yeah Pat is running one with his haltec set up :)