compressor upgrade

A

Anonymous

hey all,

first ever post to the forum!! was after some advice. I know a lot of people fit T04E compressor wheels to their CT26 for higher boost with the same spool up time etc. I have just been offered a good deal on a T04E wheel and compressor housing. Is it possible to fit the housing to a CT 26 to save machining the existing housing? if so, does fitting the new wheel and housing need to be fitted and balanced by a pro, or is it easier enough to do myself?

smc252

The CT-26's mid-section (where the oil goes) has a different bolt pattern then a T4 or T3 so the housing will need to be modded (good luck.) Quite honestly, I would just upgrade to a full t3 or t4 or a hybrid (I did.) More power, quicker spool and a better powerband. I don't see why so many people try to squeeze power out of the CT26? (Which is a joke over 1 bar of boost.)

-Steve

MrWOT

smc252":c590z43h said:
The CT-26's mid-section (where the oil goes) has a different bolt pattern then a T4 or T3 so the housing will need to be modded (good luck.) Quite honestly, I would just upgrade to a full t3 or t4 or a hybrid (I did.) More power, quicker spool and a better powerband. I don't see why so many people try to squeeze power out of the CT26? (Which is a joke over 1 bar of boost.)

-Steve

Tell that to Griffin :smokes: He's pushing about 30psi with a ct26 as I recall

alltrac4life

Yeah, mine will be doing that too. If you know what upgrade to get, and what to port on the exhaust side then it will make a shit ton of power.