600 hp TMIC?

CSAlltrac

IStalkgt4s":2z0bol8f said:
Just to let everyone know. I'm at 400awhp at 18psi with a st205 intercooler on pump gas no problem. Doubt it? Call kris at KO racing :)
Add e85 an more boost?
500 hp here I come
Eventually I'll get the build on here
Guessing this was done in 2WD mode.

BriinumsBo

I had ARC, check www.turbocelica.lv
Excellent quality but 550hp? No. 450 i would say
While it would work, you would get much better/safer temps with fmic.
ARC exchanges heat quickly but also heats up quick if you are not moving, so you need a fan on top of it, which also cant help enough because the IC is literally sitting on an oven called 3sgte. I also installed liquid squirters attached to the bonnet. Its pain in the ass, even subies dont do tmic at such target numbers, while their TMIC is set back behind the "oven" by a great margin..
I must admit the st185 bonnet looks cool with arc ic underneath, i like it better than RC bonnet looks :D

Another option is to implemet liquid co2 spray system on the tmic, but that depends on your needs because it is also PITA

4rsnduction

celicaGTS_T":2r771jw0 said:
rumor has it that ARC made a top-mount that would fit the 'trac's.... good luck finding one tho l :lol:
.... seriously, they did.

I know, i got one, its a little sore looking but works :)
Amazing what you find on yahoo japan auctions

___Scott___

IStalkgt4s":3f5n7w56 said:
Also an SVT cobra pump...
Quick question, does the SVT cobra pump fit in the stock IC pump bracket or did you have to fabricate a bracket to make it work?

My IC pump is dead and I'm considering swapping in the SVT cobra pump since they are cheap and easy to find.

Boo_Guy

4rsnduction":2qh7mwmg said:
celicaGTS_T":2qh7mwmg said:
rumor has it that ARC made a top-mount that would fit the 'trac's.... good luck finding one tho l :lol:
.... seriously, they did.

I know, i got one, its a little sore looking but works :)
Amazing what you find on yahoo japan auctions

I just put my ARC TMIC on last week, Im pretty impressed with it. Im just on stock turbo / boost though. :)

I bought it on here for about $400 a few years ago from a guy in europe, I can be a little slow with putting on the parts I buy lol. :twisted:

Corey

Be sure to make a proper duct for your arc if you haven't already. Especially if you removed the oem rubber duct so it would fit.

Layering sticky wx sealing foam into walls for the duct is easy and actually pretty efficient.

Boo_Guy

Corey Darling":1cwzue77 said:
Be sure to make a proper duct for your arc if you haven't already. Especially if you removed the oem rubber duct so it would fit.

Layering sticky wx sealing foam into walls for the duct is easy and actually pretty efficient.

I remember the guy that sold it to me saying id have to remove the rubber on the hood too but all i did was install and close the hood, it fits perfectly, nothing else needed on my car. :shrug:

Corey

Hmm. Mine wouldn't fit at all. The arc is considerably thicker than stock and mine sits in a different position than stock (further forward).

If there is any gap between the back of the scoop and the intercooler the arc will not work much better than stock.

Boo_Guy

It didnt seem to leave any gap either, seems to fit perfect, but I'll get a light and check again with the hood closed :)